Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 AM

18 posts, read 31,407 times

Advertisements

Texas can't really be compared to other states in terms of heat because high humidity heat (southeast TX) and arid dry heat (west Texas) along with moderately humid and dry (north central TX) all exist. Most states along the gulf and the eastern seaboard tend to have one type (usually high humidity..duration depends on location)...the west has drier heat and the midwest/plains seems to favor more humidity or at least the moderately humid and dry weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,629 times
Yep it was 91 at 9 AM here across from NY this morning. Today it's hotter in Jersey than in Havana.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yep it was 91 at 9 AM here across from NY this morning. Today it's hotter in Jersey than in Havana.
Wow. It's only 89 in the DFW area and the forecast for the next several days doesn't look too much different.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
All I can say is that my 2 normally active kitties have spent the last 3 days flopped on the floor barely moving. Normally they are in and out, chasing things, hanging out but they are both just literally collapsed on the floor. I'm keeping my eye on the older one who isn't eating and I'm not moving out of my air conditioned room until after the sun goes down except to check on the kitties. It's miserable out there.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,896,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Wow. It's only 89 in the DFW area and the forecast for the next several days doesn't look too much different.
If I got a forecast like that, I'd be crying from joy

Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
If I got a forecast like that, I'd be crying from joy
It's actually 94 degrees in Dallas right now with a heat index of 102 degrees and a dew point of 72. Joy it is not. Of course, if the forecast holds true, it will be a little better but the dew point will still be quite uncomfortable.

It was 74 the other morning but it was so humid, I could hardly stand it. A Georgia boy (man) next door quit working outside because he said he only soaks one t-shirt a day and then goes inside. Nevertheless, even I, hater of humidity lasted more than twice as long as he did.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,800,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
It's actually 94 degrees in Dallas right now with a heat index of 102 degrees and a dew point of 72. Joy it is not. Of course, if the forecast holds true, it will be a little better but the dew point will still be quite uncomfortable.

It was 74 the other morning but it was so humid, I could hardly stand it. A Georgia boy (man) next door quit working outside because he said he only soaks one t-shirt a day and then goes inside. Nevertheless, even I, hater of humidity lasted more than twice as long as he did.
It's been 93-94 F here, with dewpoint around 70-73 F, and I found it almost-joyful.
There are moments I find it a little excessive, but that's MUCH better than summer daytime temps below 70 F.
Why should I prefer a summer that allows me to wear sweaters while drinking hot chocolate? (June 2010)

Too bad southerners can't acclimate to heat like us northern folk.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,896,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post

I'd be in tears of joy if I was you.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
It was 96° at my house today in the hills of northeast Tennessee... and this is around 1550 ft. elevation. I was on the west side of downtown earlier... a little lower in elevation... it was 99°.
I came home from work this afternoon, checked the weather underground, and noticed some of the smaller weather stations had some unreal temps. Greeneville was at 110F, Watauga lake was 108F, Kingsport was 104F, one of the little stations in Farragut was 109F. It's not supposed to get this hot here.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
It's been 93-94 F here, with dewpoint around 70-73 F, and I found it almost-joyful.
There are moments I find it a little excessive, but that's MUCH better than summer daytime temps below 70 F.
Why should I prefer a summer that allows me to wear sweaters while drinking hot chocolate? (June 2010)

Too bad southerners can't acclimate to heat like us northern folk.
Last summer was certainly cool, but not to the point of wearing sweaters and drinking hot chocolate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather