Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick your fake climate of choice
Neipolis 32 55.17%
Rozenntown 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times

Advertisements

After the hot vs cold battle, here is the (kinda) moderate vs (kinda) extreme one.

Btw I'm a bit of a n00b at editing Wiki articles, how do you get weatherboxes the same format as nei or dhdh's?

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-17-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,827,396 times
I give my vote to Rozenntown, despite disgusting precipitation totals. I assume though that it just comes in brief downpours, so that makes it better anyway.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Rozenntown, by far - definitely prefer summer's of Neipolis

Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,827,396 times
The summers of Neipolis do look very nice, indeed, and looking at the charts again, I see I at first read the record low line as the average low line for the summers of Rozenntown. They all of a sudden don't look quite as pleasant to me with those hot nights. Loose 5 to 10 degrees and it would look much better.

I think Rozenntown winters, with Neipolis summers, would be pretty darn good. That would give us something similar to Waterville, Washington: Waterville, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,465,428 times
Rozenntown winters look a bit too cold for me. Also the climate overall seems too wet.

Neipolis is very nice but the summers seem a bit too hot for someone who doesn't like to use A/C.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:07 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Both are too warm for me, especially in summer, but Rozenn at least has four seasons and a winter, even if the winter is too warm. Nights in your climate seem to run quite warm with the exception of winter, with the high summer record low. Winter record highs in both climates are also something I'd rather not deal with (70's in February are awful). Rozenn's climate also has less sunshine, something I prefer. With the heavy winter precipitation, I imagine there's some significant snowfall averages. Do you have any data on how much snow your climate averages? Rozenntown to me is actually reminiscent of Chicago's climate. Chicago has similarly warm nights and lower daily range in summertime, like yours, although it's hardly an exact match.

Rozenn, I imagine to yield results like nei or dhdh you need to zoom in (CTRL plus + on IE and Firefox at least), or possibly decrease the width using <div> tags, such as this:

<div style="width:##%">
[your weatherbox]
</div>

I really like looking and picking these dream climates. Keep them coming.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:28 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
^^ Thanks for the tip!

I don't have snow data, I'll try to make some.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
Neipolis is very nice but the summers seem a bit too hot for someone who doesn't like to use A/C.
Some notes about the summers of Neipolis:

1) I set the summers are as hot as it can be without A/C becoming a necessity; in particular that's part of the reason for the cool mornings (though I do like have slightly coolish summer mornings). Or at as it hot it would be that I wouldn't want A/C. Perhaps my heat tolerance is higher than most, but the daily mean of the hottest month (72°F) should be low enough A/C might be nice to have but usually not necessary. Might depend on the building type, but a well-ventalited building should hover around 75 ish.
2) Most summer days tend to dry and sunny with a large diurnal range. (I remember a 88/60 dry ish day in upstate NY that I kept in my mind as a perfect weather day; similar days are very common here). Dewpoints are typically in the mid to upper 50s, though drier is possible and occasional bouts of humidity with dewpoints up to 70°F occur. These humid spells tend to bring rain or some cloudiness. The humid spells tend to bring cooler weather than the typical dry day; at most in the upper 70s, often less.
3) The summer precipitation is low for the sake of making lower dew points more common in the summer (to be realistic)
4) While heat haters would probably not enjoy the summers, most would the summers somewhat hot but not overwhelmingly so. Neipolis summers are not known for being mild, but neither are they known for being brutal
5) And if you don't like the summer heat, there's a long shoulder season with comfortable weather. Locals say fall is the nicest time of year. Spring is good, too, but it can be slow to arrive and a bit rainy.

And the winters:

Winters are wet and rain is frequent. But long stretches of drizzle are rare. Somewhere between 15-20 days per month get rain in the winter months. But usually it will rain somewhat hard for several hours, then switch back and forth between mostly and partly cloudy. Of course, there will be some stormy days where will rain hard all day. Typically, a few frosts will occur in the winter typically between early January and mid February. A typical winter landscape will be lush and very green with a mostly cloudy sky with patches of blue and the sky cover tends to be very changeable.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
To get the box I edited a wiki page without saving the changes, just used the preview button. Some wiki pages are uneditable, others are, you'll have to poke around. Then took a screenshot of the preview.

I don't have snow data; but the Neipolis weather service doesn't record snow.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times
Would choose nei's climate. How are you creating that wikipedia style data chart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather