Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 03:36 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,599,580 times

Advertisements

Scousers have the worst accent, along with Glaswegians.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:52 PM

87 posts, read 64,641 times
looks like naimakka got its first snow cover of the season.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:15 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Scousers have the worst accent, along with Glaswegians.
Received pronunciation is the worst - dreadfully boring and reminds me of upper-class families with a long history of intrafamilial marriages.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:23 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,166,547 times
I noticed a feature of weather nowadays. The weather was predictable. Now you can go to work in the morning shirtweared. The evening will be so cold that freezes. Fluctuations are very wide and fast. Very frequent storms with tropical downpours. 20 years ago, this wasnt in my area. Is this meteorological weapon?

Old 10-18-2016, 05:23 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I thought the stereotype was that they're boring and have nothing to do
And what has a pole to be proud of? What has a pole to do? Poland is waaay boring than Belgium, Poland is full of hooligans and racists, oh yes a very nice and peaceful country... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Their accent is ugly too. Belgium and Denmark have the ugliest accents in Europe, along with Spain
Spain and Belgium ugly accents? a polish says that, with one of the most ugly languages in Europe and a language that appears that they are always shouting.

It's a bit irritating to live near poles, and I'm from a Rotterdam quarter full of poles... you're a bit hater huh, Spain hater, Belgium hater, Denmark hater... something more?

Old 10-18-2016, 05:31 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The departures from average are based on long term averages (1981-2010) not from just the last 3 years worth of data, so the last 3 years must have been way above average if October so far in Spain has been above average.
Well, you are right. In that map the difference is between +0.5ºC and +1ºC, it's not way different if we take the 30 year average. But if we take the average of the actual October 2016 temperatures, they enter inside the normal average, as for 1981-2010 period the maximum avg is 26ºC here where I live. Anyways it's a large scale map, obviously it can't be fully precise on small points as it's intended to show generally the temperature alterations.

And if we take the last 5 years averages, the actual average of October '16 is the lowest. It's also being the most humid although the rain amount is quite low. It's raining 1/4 of the days of the month but with just a few mm per day. Normally in October we have at least one day with a rain amount of 20mm or higher, this year that doesn't happen, even on September.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:40 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
And what has a pole to be proud of? What has a pole to do? Poland is waaay boring than Belgium, Poland is full of hooligans and racists, oh yes a very nice and peaceful country... :/
I'm not Polish so I guess nothing Altho I would much rather go to Krakow than Brussels, but that's just my opinion

Quote:
Spain and Belgium ugly accents? a polish says that, with one of the most ugly languages in Europe and a language that appears that they are always shouting.

It's a bit irritating to live near poles, and I'm from a Rotterdam quarter full of poles... you're a bit hater huh, Spain hater, Belgium hater, Denmark hater... something more?
I'm wondering if you've ever heard actual Polish, if anything it sounds very soft to me at least in comparison to its neighboring countries. You're lucky to live around so many Polish people, I think most Polish immigrants are very nice, and the girls are cute too

Old 10-18-2016, 05:41 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
People I know who've been to Brussels think it's a really great city and its reputation for being boring is totally unfounded. I'd love to visit one of these days.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:44 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
People I know who've been to Brussels think it's a really great city and its reputation for being boring is totally unfounded. I'd love to visit one of these days.
Id like to visit just because I think it has a couple of nice art nouveau buildings that I would like to see. Obviously I'm not going to fly across continents just for a couple of buildings lol, maybe it would be a nice stopover going from Amsterdam to Paris

Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Well, you are right. In that map the difference is between +0.5ºC and +1ºC, it's not way different if we take the 30 year average. But if we take the average of the actual October 2016 temperatures, they enter inside the normal average, as for 1981-2010 period the maximum avg is 26ºC here where I live. Anyways it's a large scale map, obviously it can't be fully precise on small points as it's intended to show generally the temperature alterations.

And if we take the last 5 years averages, the actual average of October '16 is the lowest. It's also being the most humid although the rain amount is quite low. It's raining 1/4 of the days of the month but with just a few mm per day. Normally in October we have at least one day with a rain amount of 20mm or higher, this year that doesn't happen, even on September.
The departure from average is for the mean temperature, not the maximum temperature... Where in Spain do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather