Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
And the leafs are turning colour slightly.
That's because of tree rust, stress and diseases! How many times have I to tell this? They are stressed out because of parasites, pollution and too little water intake due to the pavement blocking the moisture into the trees from the roots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
That's because of tree rust, stress and diseases! How many times have I to tell this? They are stressed out because of parasites, pollution and too little water intake due to the pavement blocking the moisture into the trees from the roots.
Calm down dear, its only parasites and tree rust.

I'm so sorry dear, but you needed to calm down.

I'm so so...

SORRY!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:12 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Calm down dear, its only parasites and tree rust.

I'm so sorry dear, but you needed to calm down.

I'm so so...

SORRY!

NP. Take some good pictures from a park in London in October.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:25 AM

118 posts, read 101,193 times
I am looking at the trends and thinking its along the lines of last winter or (blizzard) 2010-11's as well. I have noticed that here in SW Missouri it has been way cooler than usual for this time of year by about 5-15 F. There is also talks of another "polar vortex" in September :X Usually towards mid to late August I am looking forward to the dog days of summer in which are brutally hot (in my comfort levels) -- In storm tracking we're not seeing as much pulse type thunderstorms that normally occur in the summer as well. It leaves me very curious for what we might see ahead. My initial prediction for last year and so far this year does fall in to the climatology patterns of the late 70s.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:00 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:

NP. Take some good pictures from a park in London in October.
Will do!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Default Reply

I don't know if there is any correlation by the way plants behave and what it portends for the winter season but may oak trees in central Indiana are already dropping their acorns, also, black walnut and hickory trees are already shedding their fruit onto the ground. What type of winter can the Indianapolis area expect? I am dubious as to this continuing discussion forum because if Indianapolis has another winter like last year, I AM GOING TO HAVE A COW.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:48 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
And the leafs are turning colour slightly.
Really? They aren't here.

Normally they start in May/June as being very bright green, and as summer progresses they become a darker shade of green like they are now, it is not until the end of September/start of October where I really start to notice any trees changing colour

Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I don't know if there is any correlation by the way plants behave and what it portends for the winter season but may oak trees in central Indiana are already dropping their acorns, also, black walnut and hickory trees are already shedding their fruit onto the ground. What type of winter can the Indianapolis area expect? I am dubious as to this continuing discussion forum because if Indianapolis has another winter like last year, I AM GOING TO HAVE A COW.
Actually many of the things you are witnessing are stated to be precursors to a harsh winter by the Old Farmers Almanac

20 Signs of a Hard Winter - Farmers' Almanac

Take all this with a grain of salt of course.... If you really want a good idea as to what our winter may be like follow Joe Bastardi. He has a good track record

Last winter was basically perfection in my eyes. That is to say Dec-Feb was da bomb. I only wished that old man winter would have left in early March instead of sticking around until mid April

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
On JB's twitter today

That Pacific Ridge not going anywhere. I'd imagine that will produce similar impact on eastern US this coming winter. Not exactly sure what the forming El Nino will do to influence the winter, but JB is still saying a winter like 02-03' and 09-10', both were cold and snowy enough

Old 08-13-2014, 05:04 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Erm its actually not. Theres a ton of trees here which have gone yellow now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather