Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 04:36 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,207,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yes but if Tuesday gets that cold, it will be the coldest day since March 2013... That shows its been a fairly long time since I've been so cold!! Plus Portsmouth is a city that hardly ever gets snow! As my dad says: "If it sleets in Portsmouth, you know it's bad for the rest of the country!" - that happened in January 2013 when there was sleet in southsea, and waterlooville had like half a foot of snow! But the reason why I did this thread is the fact it has not been that cold for quite a long time, so it is a bit of a deal... Plus 6C is to cold, like I say - probably 4C where I live...
Um I think I managed a high of 1c. To be honest we've already had a 6c high and last night we had freezing fog ( 5 frosts) so um i'm not sure what you are talking about? Its not rare to have low single figures even the odd time we can get ice days in November.

I think it might snow here on Tuesday next week and if it does thats fine but its nothing rare, infact it will be late if it snows then because it usually arrives in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 04:41 AM

short opportunity for snow on Tuesday early hours.

Would not be surprised if its just cold rain though.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:44 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Um. To be honest we've already had a 6c high and last night we had freezing fog ( 5 frosts) so um i'm not sure what you are talking about? Its not rare to have low single figures even the odd time we can get ice days in November.

I think it might snow here on Tuesday next week and if it does thats fine but its nothing rare, infact it will be late if it snows then because it usually arrives in November.
OK then... Maybe the UK as a whole won't have a cold snap. But we're talking about 6C in Portsmouth - That's considered a very cold day in this area, even in January! 6 degrees may be normal in NI, but for the South Coast, it's been a long time since we had such low temps!

Old 11-27-2014, 04:48 AM

Well fair enough but its not low lol considering it won't even allow snow to fall.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:10 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Well fair enough but its not low lol considering it won't even allow snow to fall.
It's still cold though, and sleet could still happen at night... Which is still rare in the city even in the heights of winter!

Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 AM

Wow!! I thought it was awful here at ni!! omg

Old 11-27-2014, 05:30 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,386,074 times
We are NOT getting a coldsnap just slipping into average December temperatures...WTF...

Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,078,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
OK then... Maybe the UK as a whole won't have a cold snap. But we're talking about 6C in Portsmouth - That's considered a very cold day in this area, even in January! 6 degrees may be normal in NI, but for the South Coast, it's been a long time since we had such low temps!
I really do not understand that although your average high in coolest month is 9C and a high of 6C in coolest month is considered very cold? It has to be very miserable for you to live in UK as you do not have real warmth in any seasons including your spring like summers.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Our low for this November is -2.4C. Higher than the low in October.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by istanbulmert View Post
I really do not understand that although your average high in coolest month is 9C and a high of 6C in coolest month is considered very cold? It has to be very miserable for you to live in UK as you do not have real warmth in any seasons including your spring like summers.
Yea this Portsmouth place is really weird. It seems to hardly snow there because they both make a fuss when they get a snow shower or a covering which to me is something that would happen every year several to umpteen times. I would be shocked if we didn't get a covering, even last winter I got a three inch covering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather