Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich climate do you prefer ?
Philadelphia 33 68.75%
Lille 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 10:22 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Why is Philadelphia winning? Those summers are awful! You can't even go outside during the summer! Why are you saying that Lille doesn't have a summer? An average high of 23 °C is pleasant for doing outdoor activities. I don't think a sunny and calm day with a 25 °C (77 °F) high in Lille would feel that miserable. It would feel warm, I think. Comfortable T-Shirt weather? It's almost identical to London. I don't get why people want to suffer in the high heat, what's so good about that? Isn't being able to walk outside for as long as you want, a positive aspect of Lille's summers? I don't know what's so nice about feeling unpleasure. Human mind is weird, sometimes
I walked something like 10km one time when it was 35c and absolutely no clouds in the sky to speak of. It was actually really refreshing and I love the feeling of the midday sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 10:30 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
I'll take their winter and my summer.

tbh, they both have massive flaws. The winter here is too up and down and can get very cold. Can't grow palm trees either. Lille ain't much better in the palm tree department, and summer way too cool for me. But winters are better than here, but not by much.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:31 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,746,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I walked something like 10km one time when it was 35c and absolutely no clouds in the sky to speak of. It was actually really refreshing and I love the feeling of the midday sun
Where ?
Does it was a dry or humid heat ?

Old 04-09-2016, 10:38 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Because you are an extreme heat lover. There are also extreme cold lovers here that say that they have walked in -30 °C for hours and felt comfortable. If I were to do that, I'd probably not have been able to type this post right now.

There are a lot of different preferences, I personally like oceanic and subpolar oceanic climates, I know that my preference isn't shared by many of these forumers, but when a temperature isn't good for our health, it must be said. Maybe you like to have ≥29 °C highs all month but three days, I don't. We're all different, sure, but temperatures outside of the 0-27 °C range must be handled with at least a bit of caution.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartfordd View Post
Where ?
Does it was a dry or humid heat ?
NYC

And like around 50%-60% humidity I think. A lot of people hate New York summers but I love them. NYC has fantastic weather from the second half of April to October

Old 04-09-2016, 10:55 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
lille has a gay climate with a gay ass cold crummers its the failbourne of france
Is this supposed to make any sense?

Old 04-09-2016, 10:56 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I reluctantly pick Philly. I vastly prefer the summers of Lille which look very pleasant indeed - but Philly has more snow and thunderstorms. Just a shame the summers look like 3 months of living in a sweaty old sock.

Only when the humidity is high or in a warmer summer. July 2014 was just around avg at -.1F off the monthly mean.

Dewpoints aren't that bad. Avg max dewpoint was 65.5F. According to Weatherspark 1974-2012 avg peak July dewpoint is around 70F, so that year was a little less humid. But even when we have an avg dewpoint that is higher there are still breaks.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:58 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Philly. Lille is just your typical, rubbish, Oceanic climate. No summer and a pointless winter.

Philadelphia can get cold, but has loads of strong sun in winter, and even a fair few mild/warm days in there too. The risk of cold and heavy snow keeps it interesting too.
Summer is absolutely fantastic though.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Because you are an extreme heat lover. There are also extreme cold lovers here that say that they have walked in -30 °C for hours and felt comfortable. If I were to do that, I'd probably not have been able to type this post right now.

There are a lot of different preferences, I personally like oceanic and subpolar oceanic climates, I know that my preference isn't shared by many of these forumers, but when a temperature isn't good for our health, it must be said. Maybe you like to have ≥29 °C highs all month but three days, I don't. We're all different, sure, but temperatures outside of the 0-27 °C range must be handled with at least a bit of caution.
I love when the average summer high is around 30c, and the average winter high is around 15c. 15-30c is like the golden range for me. I don't mind temperatures that are a higher or lower, as long as it's only for a couple of days and not a weekly or monthly thing

Old 04-09-2016, 11:18 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Philadelphia, easily. The summers are vastly superior, actually every season is better in my opinion. I'm not a fan of cold, but at least the sunshine helps as opposed to Lille.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather