Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 09:34 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Where did you fly via ya kunt?

How are the cheap beers treating yah?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:47 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
HATE early sun sets. What's the point of light at 7am if it's going to be dark at 7pm? We need to be on Eastern Time where I live. What's the point of Central Time, keep sun rises from reaching 8am at the latest? Instead we get 4:30pm sunsets in the winter. I'd much, Much, MUCH rather have 8am sun rise than 4:30pm sun set! My commute starts at 7am as well.
I agree LOL. It gets dark where I live at like 6:40, It's way too early!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:24 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah well in Europe (which includes England) hands are considered dirty and should never touch food. Eating with only your fork is considered very low-class, and even if I naturally switch the utensils (knife in left, fork in right hand) I would never dare to do that in a sit-down restaurant, as it would be disrespectful both to the owners and the other customers.
I've never heard of such a silly thing.

So I was being rude and disrespectful when I used my hands to eat a hamburger in Paris? Or using only the fork for another (and quite delicious meal)? At least I didn't get any dirty looks....ool.

Then again, since I had that American flag tattooed on my forehead, they probably understood...lol.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:29 AM

I think that's in Finland lol

Old 10-04-2015, 05:10 AM

Walked the whole way to laundrette forgetting deterdent!!

Old 10-04-2015, 05:33 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Me neither. It's chemistry for engineers, so it's a bit more difficult than general chemistry. It's actually Chem 1 and 2 packed into one semester. The problems weren't hard; there just wasn't enough time to finish. I had to guess on three questions.
Hated when that happened, kinda frustrating. Usually we had two kinds of tests. Some had easy questions, but the challenge was to finish on time. Sore wrists guaranteed after one hour. The others had a few hard questions and we had 4 hours to complete them. Lots of head scratching and gawking at the ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
I would've nailed that in a heartbeat about 6 years ago, but without preparation I'd get a big fat F today. Couple of easy questions in ex 2, but the calculus part looks more challenging to highly rusty me. My main strength was algebra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
That's a freshman math test? That appears to be on series convergence of complex numbers, right? I did that in a later math class; it wasn't in the "beginning" math classes (linear algebra and calculus); those didn't do much with complex numbers. I think the test doesn't look that hard, but I can't figure it out [the French doesn't help] maybe if I reviewed a bit. Not entirely sure what's being asked.
Yup series convergence in complex space. Yeah the test looks rather simple, though as I have forgotten most of it, I even have hard time judging whether a question is easy or challenging.

Quote:
How do you like vector spaces?
Depends on which. Some are better locked in the mind of loony mathematicians. No seriously, I think that, at the end, I preferred algebra to calculus. Freshman year I "enjoyed" calculus more but that changed after about a year.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:50 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Hated when that happened, kinda frustrating. Usually we had two kinds of tests. Some had easy questions, but the challenge was to finish on time. Sore wrists guaranteed after one hour. The others had a few hard questions and we had 4 hours to complete them. Lots of head scratching and gawking at the ceiling.
College professors rarely have a good sense of how long their tests take their students to finish. I once had a math class where the professor estimated the time it should take the test by doubling the time it would take herself to work out the problems. Scrambling to finish to the end everytime with her tests and sore wrists.

As for gazing at the ceiling, for some reason I remember well one section of the SAT that I had extra time and remember listening to seagulls outside the window, there were lots. And after the test, someone with anxiety issues was absurdly nervous; a friend suggested Valium. Another friend bought a keg of beer to celebrate. I was somewhat afraid of drinking at the time, I had one small drink after being told that it would warm you up. The friend who the bought keg made a drunken bet on who got the higher score...

Old 10-04-2015, 07:17 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
College professors rarely have a good sense of how long their tests take their students to finish. I once had a math class where the professor estimated the time it should take the test by doubling the time it would take herself to work out the problems. Scrambling to finish to the end everytime with her tests and sore wrists.

As for gazing at the ceiling, for some reason I remember well one section of the SAT that I had extra time and remember listening to seagulls outside the window, there were lots. And after the test, someone with anxiety issues was absurdly nervous; a friend suggested Valium. Another friend bought a keg of beer to celebrate. I was somewhat afraid of drinking at the time, I had one small drink after being told that it would warm you up. The friend who the bought keg made a drunken bet on who got the higher score...
I had one exam in highschool on an absurdly hot day in the afternoon, I think it was for advanced general maths. By the time I had finished, there was literally sweat dripping from my hands and armpits due to the bad air conditioning, heat and general stress.

I also get random songs popping into my head during exams, does anyone else get this?

Old 10-04-2015, 07:23 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
If we get a cold summer I'm going to lol, you guys already have a 40°C

Renmark Forecast

Old 10-04-2015, 07:27 AM

Sometimes it seems like 30 year olds cannot grow out of their 20's.

30 + should really not be at university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather