Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 03:08 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Yeah, she just seems a bit needy IMO. Might have to cut off with this one and try again..

This is why I don't understand why people like G8RCAT want girls that will approach them, for me it is unattractive as the chase is the best part!
I don't really value the chase. I don't see why it's unattractive for someone to approach you. I wouldn't mind it at all if it's a guy who's worth dating who approached me. I just don't expect it to happen that way.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:08 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Yeah, she just seems a bit needy IMO. Might have to cut off with this one and try again..
I don't get the problem, you seem to consistently want people to display uninterest in you. Expecting an instant response is a bit much, but won't it feel better has more interest and wants to talk than not?

Old 08-11-2015, 03:09 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quote:
Yes, why?
Well maybe you should settle down.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:10 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I don't think apologising to replying to your texts late is needy, most people are on their phones constantly & so expect replies from texts asap. She is just being polite & wants to let you know that she isn't purposely ignoring you, nothing wrong with that...

If it does bother you that much then just say it's no problem, just reply when you can, seems a strange reason to stop seeing someone, just because they actually like you...
Oh no, it's not just that, this is quite a small thing, I have told her before to stop apologising but she still does it, but it's not really a massive issue..

It's more about other stuff she does as well, and things she's told a friend of mine about me, it just seems she's become attached quite quickly.. I know it may make me seem quite 'mean', but I'm still not sure about her and it is kinda scaring me how quickly she is getting interested! Maybe I'll just ask her to slow it down a bit, I mean she was even talking about going travelling and things next year together and we aren't even going out yet!

Old 08-11-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I don't really value the chase. I don't see why it's unattractive for someone to approach you. I wouldn't mind it at all if it's a guy who's worth dating who approached me. I just don't expect it to happen that way.
It's not always unnatractive for me, just sometimes when they come in a bit too strong and show too much interest.. I guess I just find it kinda fun to work for it a bit.. when it comes on a plate it seems a bit too easy in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I don't get the problem, you seem to consistently want people to display uninterest in you. Expecting an instant response is a bit much, but won't it feel better has more interest and wants to talk than not?
Yeah, I mean it isn't just this as I said above.. I should have added that as well.. I just don't like girls coming on too strong and she is definitely doing that in other ways.. if I really like a girl then I will probably be texting her quite a lot, but until I really get to know someone, it probably wouldn't be like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Well maybe you should settle down.
It has to be the right person though

Old 08-11-2015, 03:21 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
I once met a girl at a house party one New years eve. She was a nice girl and that, and she had the best 30 seconds of her life , but as I found out the following week, she was a bit mad.

I only saw her that once. But a couple of days later I'd been at work for only 5 or 6 hours, and I hadn't checked my phone once as I'd been busy. Anyway, at the end of work I checked my phone and I'd had nearly 200 missed calls, and something like 60 text messages!! She was completely bonkers, and definitely came on a bit strong!

Old 08-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
I once met a girl at a house party one New years eve. She was a nice girl and that, and she had the best 30 seconds of her life , but as I found out the following week, she was a bit mad.

I only saw her that once. But a couple of days later I'd been at work for only 5 or 6 hours, and I hadn't checked my phone once as I'd been busy. Anyway, at the end of work I checked my phone and I'd had nearly 200 missed calls, and something like 60 text messages!! She was completely bonkers, and definitely came on a bit strong!
Lol, 30 seconds? That's great going

And bloody hell, I'd run away as fast as I could if that happened! That's nuts!

I remember a couple of years ago in my more immature days, I got with a girl when I was on holiday with some mates in Tenerife.. she got my number and texted me saying that I should come and move in with her almost straight away,

Old 08-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
It's not always unnatractive for me, just sometimes when they come in a bit too strong and show too much interest.. I guess I just find it kinda fun to work for it a bit.. when it comes on a plate it seems a bit too easy in my opinion

Yeah, I mean it isn't just this as I said above.. I should have added that as well.. I just don't like girls coming on too strong and she is definitely doing that in other ways.. if I really like a girl then I will probably be texting her quite a lot, but until I really get to know someone, it probably wouldn't be like that

It has to be the right person though
Well, I'm not straight, so I can't get a good feel for whether or not a girl coming on too strong would be a turn off. It's just a different dynamic. But if it were an attractive guy with an attractive personality, he could come at me as strong as he wants, LOL. It would be hard to imagine not liking that. That would be like a dream come true right now. I definitely don't understand wanting to work harder for it.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:29 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
You don't treat woman with the respect they deserve.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 PM

****.. this piece of ****ing **** internet has been down for almost two hours. **** thunderstorms. The sun is back out. My phone is so used to me saying this that the next suggested work after the f word is 'thunderstorms'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather