Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 09:21 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Yes I replied, this is a forum. I could have ignored it, but I chose not to, don't see why you felt the need to jump down my throat for doing so, you could have practiced what you preach & ignored my comment
Just continuing the conversation.

Not jumping down your throat or anything, I'm just trying to make a point. There's only such a fine line it seems before someone on the internet criticises how and if you practice religion.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
jgtheone also said earlier that leftists are prats, so he has had some weird ideas before too.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:44 AM

13,489 posts, read 9,036,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm honestly atheist, but as long as someone isn't preaching to me or bothering me with their religious views I don't really care what they practice.
Me neither, but Adi goes on a lot that his religion is always holding him back. He has done plenty of things that his religion would class as a sin, such as drinking alcohol, sex (if that one was true) etc... He seems to need some sort of validation from others, I can't undertsnad why else he would write things like that on here all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Just continuing the conversation.

Not jumping down your throat or anything, I'm just trying to make a point. There's only such a fine line it seems before someone on the internet criticises how and if you practice religion.
I will criticise if someone is being hypocritical. Most religious types are extremely judgemental, they take issue with how others live their lives, when they themselves are not living as "the good book" tells them...

In Malta for example it is full of Catholics, some serious bible bashing Catholics who light candles to statues of Mary outside their front door every night & have rosary beads hanging off their rear view mirrors... Yet these same people, supposed loving & compasionate Christians, think it their business to tell gay people they are going to hell for being "sinners" & that they are "not natural", quoting sections of the bible... Yet their beloved bible also states as Catholics they shouldn't have sex other than to produce a baby, so no contraceptives, also no adultery, no divorce...the list goes on, yet it is OK for them to not do what the bible says... Hypocrites the lot of 'em

Old 08-20-2015, 09:46 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
Quote:
Me neither, but Adi goes on a lot that his religion is always holding him back. He has done plenty of things that his religion would class as a sin, such as drinking alcohol, sex (if that one was true) etc... He seems to need some sort of validation from others, I can't undertsnad why else he would write things like that on here all the time...

I agree with this. It seems like he posts or says things sometimes just to impress the crowd or look for validation. I can almost guarantee that 90% of the things he posts are either false or just attention-seeking. That sex story was most definitely a lie.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:46 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
jgtheone also said earlier that leftists are prats, so he has had some weird ideas before too.
Weird ideas? That's not a weird idea at all.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:48 AM

13,489 posts, read 9,036,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Weird ideas? That's not a weird idea at all.
Says the right wing nutjob

jk

Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Says the right wing nutjob

jk
No need to add jk, that's a fair response. There are some very weird people floating around on here.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
I'm weird...but not to the extent of some other folks on here......lol

Old 08-20-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:

I will criticise if someone is being hypocritical. Most religious types are extremely judgemental, they take issue with how others live their lives, when they themselves are not living as "the good book" tells them...

In Malta for example it is full of Catholics, some serious bible bashing Catholics who light candles to statues of Mary outside their front door every night & have rosary beads hanging off their rear view mirrors... Yet these same people, supposed loving & compasionate Christians, think it their business to tell gay people they are going to hell for being "sinners" & that they are "not natural", quoting sections of the bible... Yet their beloved bible also states as Catholics they shouldn't have sex other than to produce a baby, so no contraceptives, also no adultery, no divorce...the list goes on, yet it is OK for them to not do what the bible says... Hypocrites the lot of 'em
Yeah, I do agree that there are lots of catholics that do not follow the bible properly and are just catholic because their parents are. The whole thing about gay bashing is one of the reasons I stopped practicing the religion because I wasn't doing it properly anyway in the first place.

Not all catholics are like that though, there exist some that aren't so bigoted and narrow minded as the ones that make a big noise. I respect those ones.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
some* leftists and also rightists, basically extremes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm weird...but not to the extent of some other folks on here......lol
I am a very odd individual myself lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather