Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 07:27 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You and the others don't follow him enough then. It's not odd. I been following him for over a decade back when he was with accuweather. His passion is cold and snow as with other meteos but its not odd for him to mention or forecast warmth. Problem is you and others don't watch his videos or tweets enough. lol
He was the first met I followed when I became interested in weather/climate, but his cold bias became too much to bear, especially during the winter. You'd think NYC was in Maine by looking at some of his calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 07:44 AM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
He was the first met I followed when I became interested in weather/climate, but his cold bias became too much to bear, especially during the winter. You'd think NYC was in Maine by looking at some of his calls.
lol. Trust me, I agree. But that's his true love.. when you're excited about something you don't ignore it. Warm weather bores the F out of me. But some say he never mentions warmth. So far from the truth

Old 04-16-2016, 08:08 AM

2,850 posts, read 1,971,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
The way I interpret that is below normal summer, with significantly below normal rainfall. So a crap fest of a summer.
Since we're in the white area for temperature, wouldn't that mean they would be near normal?
Anyway, I wouldn't like a drier than normal summer either.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:27 AM

29,534 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Based on recent rain patterns in the Central Plains, if there is going to be a lot of heat this summer I bet the ridge up over the Ohio Valley or thereabouts. Of course rains can shut down on a dime in the Plains.

And check out the cooling going on in the North Pacific

Old 04-16-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Since we're in the white area for temperature, wouldn't that mean they would be near normal?
Anyway, I wouldn't like a drier than normal summer either.
Yes white area = normal. Nobody in the east was below normal with the blend of all those yrs

Old 04-16-2016, 01:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Tbf the way most New Yorkers react to winter you would think New York was in Quebec. It's just the way we are

Old 04-16-2016, 01:13 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
I wonder what the cool air in Atlantic would do. I think we would not get affected but Cape Cod and Nova Scotia might. Or maybe it will cause Western Europe to get cooled down

Old 04-19-2016, 09:33 AM

Paulie P's video today says Accuweather Summer 2016 forecast will be out in the next couple days.

He says because ENSO is going to be Neutral (no defined El Nino or La Nina) signals will be weak and very hard to use that into the forecast so you have to look at other factors. Such as soil moisture. He's thinking the dryness in north will lead to hotter areas in north.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:37 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
He doesn't, it's always cold doom and gloom. The fact that he's going with above normal anything (aside from snow) is certainly odd.

I follow the guys blog and I know he far prefers cold and makes no denial of it. He is going on and on right now about the snow in Denver, and hardly discussing at all the record heat in Seattle.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:39 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
lol. Trust me, I agree. But that's his true love.. when you're excited about something you don't ignore it. Warm weather bores the F out of me. But some say he never mentions warmth. So far from the truth

He rarely mentions warmth. How was his forecast for this winter lol? How many times in November did he mention cross polar flow? I subscribe to his website so I know.

And I've told you he has called for some up coming non winters, so you should be getting prepared for some mild winters lol.

And tbh it seems hard to find most meteos call for mild winters. They just can't bring themselves to do it since most of them are cold lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather