Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:18 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,982,505 times

Advertisements

How would you rate the seasons of your city's climate and why do you give them ratings for (provide reasons after your grade)?

Summer: C+ (can be too hot, but there are days which provide relief)
Autumn: B- (a pleasant change after a hot summer; can be too rainy and cloudy)
Winter: B- (it can get a little chilly here in the west, but at least it's a mostly sunny season)
Spring: B- (really comfortable, crispy and sunny; bouts of extreme heat by November are a con)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 07:24 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,613,166 times
I'll base this on our normal climate, and not the crappy summers we've had since 2007.

Spring: B-/C+. Generally dry, mild to warm, and sunny.
Summer: B-. Dry, warm, plenty of sunny days and long daylight hours.
Autumn: C-. Mild to warm, cloudy, rainy in Oct-Nov.
Winter: D-. Usually cool or cold, cloudy and rainy, short days.

Overall: C

Old 03-11-2017, 07:39 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,946,184 times
Spring: A- Nice and long with a gradual warm up. Plenty of storms and rain but followed by beautiful sunny conditions. It rarely stays overcast. Downside is we can get cold blasts (like this upcoming week). Warmth isn't certain until late April and into May.

Summer: B+ Can get hot and humid but it's generally not that bad compared to other places in the south. Usually a solid 3 months of true summer which is just the right length. Little drier in June but a lot of non severe pop up thunderstorms in July and into August.

Fall: A Lovely season with warm/mild temps and driest weather of the year. September usually brings in much drier air and slightly cooler temps but can still be considered very warm. I can get by with not needing a jacket even for mornings until the end of the month. October is near perfect. November is usually mild though it can't get chilly as we start to get our first few cold snaps.

Winter: B- (sometimes a solid C) Lot of cloudy skies but seems to be less than what I get in Pennsylvania. Not a fan of cold temperatures but our generally aren't that bad and the clear sunny skies we get can be enough to offset the temps. I like that we don't get snow/ice that often. It can be a treat when we do finally get some snow and it's gone within days. A week later we might hit 70. It's never cold for extended periods it seems like.

Overall: B+/A- I really like the climate overall. I would prefer warmer winters that aren't as variable.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,512,243 times
Spring (Mar-May) C
Summer (Jun-Aug) B
Fall (Sep-Nov) E
Winter (Dec-Feb) E

Best month: July A-
Worst month: November F+

Old 03-11-2017, 08:53 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,793,341 times
Winter: F. Snow and cold makes it an epic fail.
Spring: D+. Still too much snow and cold but gets points for summer just around the corner.
Summer: A-. No real complaints unless the temperatures are consistently below normal.
Fall: C. Less snow than the spring but unfortunately winter is just around the corner.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,285,934 times
Winter: C ........Just enough snow, only cold snaps drag it down.

Spring: B ........Pretty good, just starts a bit late.

Summer: A .....No complaints, good temps and sunshine.

Fall: A .............Really good fall, sometimes lasting well into November.

Over all: B

Old 03-11-2017, 09:21 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,353,475 times
Spring: C+
- Slow to start, but once it's here it's quite pleasant. Lots of warm sunny days with low humidity. But the tendency for winter to bleed into the first half really drags it down for me.

Summer: A
- Consistently very warm/hot and humid, warm nights, ample convective precipitation. No real complaints from me. My favorite season.

Fall: C+
- Fall is actually warmer than Spring, but it feels cooler as your body's acclimated to summer conditions, the shorter days also even the playing field a bit. Still quite pleasant though.

Winter: D-
- Not horrible, but generally too cold and snowy for me. The tendency for winter to occasionally linger into the spring months makes it even worse. Mild winters are typically okay, but still cooler than what I'd prefer.

Overall I rate my climate a C+, April/May through October is quite excellent, but the rest is a massive drawback.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:55 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,497,113 times
Winter: C
I like that it's moderately cold and snowy and usually has decent variability but it's a bit too cold and snowy and warm spells typically come with rain. Also, there can be long stable patterns and its monotonously cloudy.

Spring: D
Starts too late. Too much snow and cold in March and no reliable warmth until late May. Also, it can often be cool and rainy, especially in early spring.

Summer: B
Very nice but it's too humid when it's hot. It's also too wet and warm at night and could have warmer days. I don't care for the cloudy, 68 degre days in the middle of summer.

Fall: C
September is nice and warm, but late fall needs more snow, sun and less cold rain.

Overall: C
Very average climate. Never great but never bad.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,359,091 times
Winter: F
Very warm. Snow stays for only 3 days on the ground on an average in a year and that happens in January. It rains during the winter. It snows about 3 days in January.

Spring: E
I would like spring to be colder. I don't like the heat, especially in March when it should be cold. Since the winter is very warm, spring will be hotter. That is the logic. I complain about my city being too warm. March and April is hot, when I want much cooler weather. In May, the heat starts being unconfortable in the daytime.

Summer: B
The heat is a bit too much during the daytime. It is unconfortable to walk outside because Sun burns my body and face. Being under the sun is uncomfortable. But it is called summer so it is okay to be hot in Summer. We have 4 summer months, not 3. June, July, August, September.

Autumn: D
September is one of Summer months here. I would like Autumn to be colder, including september.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/İzmit

Last edited by atsizat; 03-11-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-11-2017, 10:06 AM

3,990 posts, read 3,403,595 times
Spring: A, the nature becomes greener, the first thunderstorms pop up and can often be pretty heavy and the temperatures are very comfortable.

Summer: B+, a bit too warm but the thunderstorms can be truly spectacular. It could be an A if the rain were more reliable and if it were a bit cooler.

Autumn: C+, it's very foggy and gloomy which I like, but the weather is too boring and too similar all the time.

Winter: B-, it is very gloomy as well, and we can have great blizzards which give us >50 cm of snow, but they are very rare. We can also get comfortable weather (>15c), but most of the time it's just a bit above freezing.

Overall: B+, among the better climates in the world and especially in Europe, but not quite perfect for my standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather