Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 07:52 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times

Advertisements

The majority in Portsmouth voted to leave (58% leave, 42% remain) but I was pleased that in district where I was brought up & lived most of my life, East Hampshire, the majority voted to remain with 51% to 49%...

Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Are you joking?
Nope, there is a documentary about it.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
You're either high or drunk or preferably both and are just joking, in which case you are forgiven. Otherwise this is one of the single most retarded things I've ever read. Very much like the nonsensical wank that spews forth from the gobs of the green party here.

As for your chemistry teacher, well that broad is flat out liar. She may have "cured" cancer by eating some ****en rabbit food and drinking pulped broccoli, but unfortunately for her, all the leaves and olive-green sludge on Earth cannot cure stupidity.

: smack:
I do admit here claim was dubious. Then again could it be possible? Most chronic diseases in today's society are caused by our lifestyle, mainly our food. What you put in you shapes your health. Don't believe do your own research, why do you think obesity is so high? People certainly aren't all of sudden eating more food than before, then it must be the quality of the food. Cancer levels are extremely high, why? It's the environment around you, the food you eat, especially sugars which make your body an acidic environment, cancer thrives in acidic environments. I'm not making this stuff up.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:23 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
To be fair for decades they have been telling you this causes cancer, that causes cancer. I believe it is genetic. Obviously smoking is very bad for your health & has been proven to lead to lung cancer (amongst other things) & an unhealthy diet can cause all sorts of health problems, but I'm fed up of hearing (mainly from bloody vegans) that cutting out any animal products & living on grass & leaves will somehow make you live until you are 150 & never have anything worng with you And have you seen what vegans look like? Most are emaciated, ill looking & have to take all sorts of vitamin supplements...

Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
To be fair for decades they have been telling you this causes cancer, that causes cancer. I believe it is genetic. Obviously smoking is very bad for your health & has been proven to lead to lung cancer (amongst other things) & an unhealthy diet can cause all sorts of health problems, but I'm fed up of hearing (mainly from bloody vegans) that cutting out any animal products & living on grass & leaves will somehow make you live until you are 150 & never have anything worng with you And have you seen what vegans look like? Most are emaciated, ill looking & have to take all sorts of vitamin supplements...
vegans are literally a tumour on this earth, why do they never shut up? I have ones pass me pamphlets at university, I swear one time I got handed one whilst I was eating a beef burger and I just smiled at them

Old 06-27-2016, 09:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Nope, there is a documentary about it.
There's documentaries about ancient aliens, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:53 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
While it's partly true that many of the diseases are due to our lifestyle, that isn't anything new. If we jump back a few hundreds of years, Europe was ridden with plague, cholera, tuberculosis, malaria, measles, rabies, mumps and many many more. Some of these could've been prevented for example having proper sewers or hygiene. But YOLO. Today the Western World has thanks to modern medicine gotten rid of all these diseases. But hey, if you want to believe some woodoo doctor, go ahead.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:11 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
vegans are literally a tumour on this earth, why do they never shut up? I have ones pass me pamphlets at university, I swear one time I got handed one whilst I was eating a beef burger and I just smiled at them
I don't mind vegans, it's the ones that have this "hollier than thou" attitude about it and don't shut the **** up the ones that are annoying....like seriously shut the **** up...no one cares that you enjoy picking out grass from your front yard and like to eat that.

That being said, I have a couple of vegan friends who are actually really cool people and even playfully tease me whenever I eat meat in front of them lol. They do it for health reasons, which I can respect. Seems like some of them do it just to talk down to you though.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Well first about vegans, I am not a vegan and do not support that type of diet I was just saying what it supposedly does. So are we gonna deny that the food we eat today with all the pesticides, preservatives and chemicals that no human should be eating doesn't cause cancer? Diabetes and obesity? I'm not talking about regular, natural foods. I'm talking about chips, cookies, sweets, fast food, and that type of gunk. Essentially the raw vegan diet is proven to help manage diabetes for type 1 and type 2. Although for type 2 you can get off your medication, it's not really a cure though as you still have diabetes and if you get off the diet it comes back.

I did some research on the documentary, the doctor is pretty shady I have to admit with a revoked license in Nevada and arizona. Since type 1 is an autoimmune disease it can't be reversed, type 2 diabetes is metabolic so it can be reversed in theory. I personally believe what you eat is what makes up your health, you eat crap then more likely than not you will end up with some chronic diseases.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:20 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,682,713 times
I'm not vegan, I eat meat, not very often, like once or twice a week, because this kind of diet is easier for me, but I don't insult any kind of people's diet. Everyone can eat what they want IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather