Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,430,548 times

Advertisements

GF is being a whiny ***** and just complained because she's hardly talked to me this week as I've been busy, even though I saw her Monday and am seeing her again Friday. F***king women You guys who complain about not being able to find a girl, count yourselves lucky. Jesus christ

Old 06-22-2016, 03:25 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,659,006 times
Lol, to be fair that's not a lot of time spent together for two people going out, although I guess everyone has different standards.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Lol, to be fair that's not a lot of time spent together for two people going out, although I guess everyone has different standards.
True, but we live an hour away from each other and I actually spent the entire of last weekend with her..

I think I just need my own space sometimes, she loves calling me like every other day whereas I just don't find it necessary, obviously we still message quite a bit after she's done with work, but I mean what is there really to talk about over the phone after so little time Maybe it's just me

Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM

Everyone needs their own space and their own time. You don't need to spend every waking moment with each other.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:39 PM

13,515 posts, read 9,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
That's very anecdotal though, and just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everybody. I have friends who got beat as kids and they ended up being the type to go in and out of jail over petty crimes. People always use the "I got beat as a kid and I turned out fine" argument as evidence, when there's thousands if not millions of people who didn't get a finger laid on them and turned out fine too.

I think in some cases, it teaches kids that violence is OK to get what you want out of someone.
I don't mean beating a kid as in really hurting them, that is completely different to just giving a kid a smack on the bum/back of legs. My parents were/are the most loving in the world & would never have hurt me. Of course beating/hurting a kid is completely wrong...

In the UK at least it used to be quite normal to smack a naughty child, I know everyone I went to school with used to get smacked if they were naughty, but in recent years it has become something that is frowned upon & even smacking your kid on the bum could be considered abuse... I'm not saying there is a direct correlation between the two, but kids these days seem to have much less respect not just for their parents for for everyone, including teachers etc...

Old 06-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I don't mean beating a kid as in really hurting them, that is completely different to just giving a kid a smack on the bum/back of legs. My parents were/are the most loving in the world & would never have hurt me. Of course beating/hurting a kid is completely wrong...

In the UK at least it used to be quite normal to smack a naughty child, I know everyone I went to school with used to get smacked if they were naughty, but in recent years it has become something that is frowned upon & even smacking your kid on the bum could be considered abuse... I'm not saying there is a direct correlation between the two, but kids these days seem to have much less respect not just for their parents for for everyone, including teachers etc...
I think that's just something people say and have always said. I doubt it's actually true. Even if it is true, you confuse respect with fear. If you hit a child with a cane on the back of the hand, he probably wouldn't do what he did again, but that doesn't mean respect. He's scared of being hit again. From what I hear, children used to be scared of their teachers in the 1950s. They didn't respect or even like them. I don't think that's healthy.

I think, if people just used their brains, and put a little effort into it, they could discipline their children without laying a finger on them. You don't have to make children fear you in order for them to behave.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:53 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,364,101 times
I think I'm getting old, cause I already think 2000s kids are entitled. I didn't have a tablet or video games growing up until I was 10

Old 06-22-2016, 04:59 PM

I'm an early 90s kid and I remember growing up playing football outside, spending my weekends and time after school with friends outside or playing in the park.. maybe occasionally playing some playstation 1 crash bandicoot or Age of Empires on PC, but definitely no mobile phone or other gadgets like that until I was 13 and got a mobile phone because I had to get the train to and from school alone so it was a necessity.

These days I see kids as young as 10 with iphones, laptops etc.. it is crazy. If I have kids they certainly will not be having anything of the sort, what a waste of their childhood!

Old 06-22-2016, 05:01 PM

290 posts, read 211,167 times
lol

Old 06-22-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I'm an early 90s kid and I remember growing up playing football outside, spending my weekends and time after school with friends outside or playing in the park.. maybe occasionally playing some playstation 1 crash bandicoot or Age of Empires on PC, but definitely no mobile phone or other gadgets like that until I was 13 and got a mobile phone because I had to get the train to and from school alone so it was a necessity.

These days I see kids as young as 10 with iphones, laptops etc.. it is crazy. If I have kids they certainly will not be having anything of the sort, what a waste of their childhood!
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. You're about 22 right? So to some people your parent's age, your generation is entitled/spoilt/tech-obsessed. I'm 29 and a lot of people in their 40s and 50s think people my age are entitled/spoilt as well. A lot of people my age think people in their late teens/early 20s are entitled and didn't have a 'real' childhood because they had more technology than they did growing up.

Every new generation looks at the younger ones and thinks 'Oh boy they are so bad I'm glad I was born in xxxx'. Nine times out of 10 it's just crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather