Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 10:04 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercoholism View Post
He also likes to consistently insult and rag on where I live (and presumably people who live in the country in general) without having the slightest ****ing clue what my region is like. We're all bumpkin meth addicts apparently. You know what, he's an elitist self-righteous hipster crap felcher
Yeah, it's weird. He's a good poster overall, but the comments he makes about places around the world seem to be based purely off of stereotypes. He says the same thing about the U.S. South as well.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Greasy pizza isn't necessarily bad quality. Lots of ways to make good pizza. Like I mentioned the boardwalk place, super greasy pizza, but it's absolutely classic and high quality.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:15 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercoholism View Post
He also likes to consistently insult and rag on where I live (and presumably people who live in the country in general) without having the slightest ****ing clue what my region is like. We're all bumpkin meth addicts apparently. You know what, he's an elitist self-righteous hipster crap felcher

Lol I have googled "felcher". Yummy

Old 09-26-2016, 10:17 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Wtf I looked it up too. Lol

Old 09-26-2016, 11:34 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,278,462 times
An activity I'm sure "Beercoholism" participates in often

Old 09-26-2016, 11:52 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

And dude no offense, but American posters on here are not nearly as whiny as the British ones. I never see Americans take it super personal when someone merely doesn't like your climate, writing paragraphs "defending" their climates like I see British posters do (well, with the exception of Dean York and ben86). It's like someone insulted your mother when someone thinks the U.K. is a boring or not diverse enough climate. You guys even tried to accuse CG of "trolling" simply for posting a map that predicted the U.K. to have below normal temps. Come on.
It's not the fact that people don't like the climate here that bothers me - it's more the way people needlessly exaggerate how bad it is. By the way some individuals on here ramble on, you'd think a single overcast day would kill them, that we are all walking around in a state of semi-permanent depression, and that it's never warm enough to warrant T-shirts and shorts. It's just crap.

I don't have an anti-American bias either - people all over the world poke fun at Americans for being fat and out of shape. Maybe you should get over it. People also poke fun at Brits for having bad teeth - I know it isn't true, but I've long since stopped caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
An activity I'm sure "Beercoholism" participates in often
I doubt it - that would involve some level of sexual interaction, something 'Beercoholism' has probably not had the luxury of experiencing. All of that anger you see is really just pent-up sexual frustration.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 09-26-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 12:07 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatier View Post
While we're at it - here'a nice map of Europe's obesity rates.

Interesting that the obesity rates are among the lowest in Central Europe. I somehow figured the opposite would be true.
Here's a US map, hard to hot-link to

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html

also has a racial breakdown. Some of the regional differences are due to higher minority populations.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:10 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Cool map. Seems the U.K. and Turkey lead the charge by quite a bit. And I honestly thought that rates in Europe would be lower, considering the high and mighty attitude towards us. We're at 31%, which would be the highest in Europe but not by as of a margin as I thought.
I don't think the difference between the US and Europe is that big in slightly overweight, as in 'a bit chubby' for example among middle-aged people, but the US surely has a bigger percentage who are extremely obese, as in 'hardly can get out of bed'.

Obesity Rates by Age Group: The State of Obesity

I don't know how reliable that page is, but seems that American kids are much fatter than for example Finnish. Some states have 20% child obesity, when in Finland it's 20% either overweight or obese. 11% of high school girls are overweight or obese, meaning that 89% are normal weight or underweight.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

This govt site says 36.5% obesity.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:12 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Interesting that obesity rates are much higher for older populations. Not that surprising I'd say.

Here's a map for Europe btw, showing % who are overweight or obese

Not sure how accurate it is, but yes, Brits are fat. Official stats say 24.8% of Brits are obese, 61.7% overweight or obese.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

This govt site says 36.5% obesity.
Massachusetts and New York are 24-25%, not too different from western European countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather