Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 12:18 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Yes, it would be much more interesting if they would leave the Bundesliga for a UEFA Super League or something.
Bayern have outgrown the league...let's just leave them in a Special League by themselves while the other 17 clubs create a new league where one team doesn't poach all the talent

People criticize Spain for having only two teams, but in reality it's just because those two teams are so ****ing good that no one can beat them. Even if you remove Barca+Real, Spanish teams would still dominate Europe. Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga, Villarreal, they all had really lengthy European campaigns in recent years. In terms of pure quality, nothing can top La Liga

Old 02-15-2017, 12:21 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,509,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Zlatan is probably the most uninamously loved foreign player in Finland like ever. IDK how he does it and he's a controversial player in Sweden, but here only loved. It's especially remarkable when he's Swedish, our mortal enemy in sports.

The Laudrup brothers were perhaps the only previously matched ones.
He deliberately refuses to speak proper Swedish even though he was born here and instead speaks some thug accent, has assaulted numerous opponents throughout his career, acted rude, believes he's god etc.

The moment he became national team captain I stopped supporting Sweden. I can hardly look at the guy. Now that he plays for the most disgusting club on the planet that's a match made by the devil.

What a douche.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:28 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
He deliberately refuses to speak proper Swedish even though he was born here and instead speaks some thug accent, has assaulted numerous opponents throughout his career, acted rude, believes he's god etc.

The moment he became national team captain I stopped supporting Sweden. I can hardly look at the guy. Now that he plays for the most disgusting club on the planet that's a match made by the devil.

What a douche.
Yeah, maybe it's because he refuses to conform. And maybe Finns are attracted to that. Stirring up the pot but not having to deal with the rest.

Our worst enemies in football:

Sweden
Sweden
Sweden
Russia
Russia
Norway
Estonia
Hungary
Romania
Wales
Serbia
Turkey
Germany
Italy

Old 02-15-2017, 12:34 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,606,248 times
Our worst enemies:

Argentina
Germany
Scotland
France

Old 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM

Not sure which game to watch, Arsenal vs Bayern or Real vs Napoli. I'm guessing Real vs Napoli cause I can at least root for Napoli, meanwhile I hate both Arsenal and Bayern

Old 02-15-2017, 12:46 PM

Real vs Napoli, as I'm a Real sympathiser.

At Zizou's table the house always wins.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
My worst enemy:

Person who lives across the road from me, because they play music really loudly at night.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,821,176 times
Quote:
How the F is this possible? Child soldier! We didn't allow 16-yo's to join the military even in WWII!
You can join the military here as soon as you've left school. That's what I did, but as dunno says, you can't be deployed until you turn 18. I was in Iraq at 18, getting around £2500 a month in pay. Not many 18 year olds get that, although obviously not many would want to do that. In an ideal world, I'd have had a better childhood and gone to uni. Not the case. No regrets though nonetheless. As I'm sure you know, the military does teach you alot as a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
16 & 17 year olds don't get deployed. You need to be over 18 for that. Since people leave school at 16, joining the army is a common choice for many people who maybe didn't get good grades.
You're absolutely correct. Although I was in the Navy, and in a technical branch, as you say there's the Army and also the RAF. Army is much less desirable though IMO.

Quote:
Ok, I just find it to be weird. And maybe a bit morally questionable.

Do you get some bonuses from the military? Like easier access to universities later?
Yes I went to the university of south Wales to get my aeronautical engineering degree. The mod helped fund it, and also gave me the time off when I needed it. As it wasn't a full time course, it did mean a lot of long evenings after work studying. Worth it though. I did my A levels shortly after joining the RN too.
I knew I needed to be proactive, as I'd never achieve anything without 100% effort. I wanted to make sure I could have a life that I could only dream of as a child, so I do believe my bad experiences as a child have helped me as an adult.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Real vs Napoli, as I'm a Real sympathiser.

At Zizou's table the house always wins.
Nailbiting first half. Napoli were lucky to get that first goal, I think the game would be out of reach otherwise

Old 02-15-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
You can join the military here as soon as you've left school. That's what I did, but as dunno says, you can't be deployed until you turn 18. I was in Iraq at 18, getting around £2500 a month in pay. Not many 18 year olds get that, although obviously not many would want to do that. In an ideal world, I'd have had a better childhood and gone to uni. Not the case. No regrets though nonetheless. As I'm sure you know, the military does teach you alot as a person.
Indeed it did for me and probably you too. I never critisised that. And it's a simple life. Structured lifestyle, clear rules, clean clothes and healthy food. OTH, it's not for everyone. I actually toyed with the idea of military life, but figured out that I was too an individualistic mind for that. A friend actually went to the military academy and graduated as an Ensign, but left immediately when he was allowed. It wasn't for him. It looks good in his CV though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Yes I went to the university of south Wales to get my aeronautical engineering degree. The mod helped fund it, and also gave me the time off when I needed it. As it wasn't a full time course, it did mean a lot of long evenings after work studying. Worth it though. I did my A levels shortly after joining the RN too.
I knew I needed to be proactive, as I'd never achieve anything without 100% effort. I wanted to make sure I could have a life that I could only dream of as a child, so I do believe my bad experiences as a child have helped me as an adult.
That's a good thing. I support this policy wholeheartedly.

But it would be good for Owen, we probably agree on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Nailbiting first half. Napoli were lucky to get that first goal, I think the game would be out of reach otherwise
Navas again fooling around. TBH, Real's play looks like it's from a slow-motion film. Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather