Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Once fake meat that tastes just as good as real meat is invented it won't be long before eating meat will be looked down upon and viewed as immoral and barbaric. Ditto with abortion: once a foolproof method of contraception is invented, abortion will be viewed as immoral and barbaric.
Naturally, most people wrongly use contemporary values to judge people who lived in the past. That will still be the same when people judge us in 100 years time.

Level-headed people will take a more balanced view of our way of life.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I know, so bloody annoying. I mean you can be left wing without being completely devoid of common sense lol...

Another thing that similarly annoys me is reports of animal cruelty, or the dog meat trade in Asian countries, you get the pathetic Vegan twonks going "Well you eat pigs & cows so what is wrong with eating a dog?"
I kinda agree with that honestly.

Gorilla Biscuits said it better than me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLpyYRa0Wo

Old 06-05-2017, 01:47 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I HATE THE ATLANTIC AND ITS NEVER ENDING STRATOCRAPULUS PRODUCING MACHINE

Yeah pity you, meanwhile at a place your latitude with no Gulf Stream...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Lopatka

Old 06-05-2017, 01:50 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
how many days of endless cloud have you had to deal with? Can't be worse than us
At least a few, since our warm spell (that failed spectacularly with the previous weekend failing all temperature forecasts )

We get this enough during winter and late Autumn though

Old 06-05-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
At least a few, since our warm spell (that failed spectacularly with the previous weekend failing all temperature forecasts )

Someone's turned the clock back to March, this is a disgrace. Subarctic bull****.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:00 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
I'm not a real vegetarian aswell, but they way livestock farming is nowadays, is completely ****ed. There's no way around it.
These Animals know when they're dying even though it can be seen as Salvation considering how horrid their short lifes are.

I'm reducing my meat consumption, but i can't quit completely just yet.
I don't like the thought of how animals are killed & I would become a vegetarian, I don't eat very much meat, but like you can't completely cut it out. But how those dogs & cats are treated & killed in Asian countries is absolutely barbaric. They are kept in tiny crowded cages, dozens shoved in each one, no room to move, then they are often skinned alive, as they believe it makes the meat taste better. At least most farm animals are not treated as badly as this, even though their ultimate fate is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I kinda agree with that honestly.

Gorilla Biscuits said it better than me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLpyYRa0Wo
I'm sorry but you cannot compare it. As I wrote above it isn't just about the fact they are eating animals we have domesticated & kept as pets for centuries, but how they are treated & the way they are killed. It is absolutely disgusting

Old 06-05-2017, 02:07 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,990 times
4-8 week holidays is my solution.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I don't like the thought of how animals are killed & I would become a vegetarian, I don't eat very much meat, but like you can't completely cut it out. But how those dogs & cats are treated & killed in Asian countries is absolutely barbaric. They are kept in tiny crowded cages, dozens shoved in each one, no room to move, then they are often skinned alive, as they believe it makes the meat taste better. At least most farm animals are not treated as badly as this, even though their ultimate fate is the same.

I'm sorry but you cannot compare it. As I wrote above it isn't just about the fact they are eating animals we have domesticated & kept as pets for centuries, but how they are treated & the way they are killed. It is absolutely disgusting
I watched a documentary of these dog farms in Asia. Nobody who has seen that sort of thing could possibly suggest that the way pigs are killed here is as traumatic as how dogs are killed in parts of Asia. It's all nasty business, but there's different scales of barbarity and suffering.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:19 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:

High 52°F forecast tomorrow. We got a 3.5 day stretch of sunshine last week, another mid-May. Other than a day or two here and there, it's been cloudy

Old 06-05-2017, 02:22 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
High 52°F forecast tomorrow. We got a 3.5 day stretch of sunshine last week, another mid-May. Other than a day or two here and there, it's been cloudy
52 F? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather