Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Also funny because NOAA is calling for El Nino and they know there is a colder spot on the map yet they cant find the blue colors to use in their forecast..

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...and-us-climate
Not buying that map chap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 04:16 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Ok if NOAA focuses solely on ENSO then a weak Modoki El Nino should bring cold to the South and East Coast right? Why isn't that painted into their probability forecast?
Exactly.. I know these guys defending them see it. It's ridiculous they can't paint a spec of blue "anywhere". Sad really. Just helps with the agenda. Now media and headlines can read "See...its happening! We must save the planet!". lol

Old 10-19-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Exactly.. I know these guys defending them see it. It's ridiculous they can't paint a spec of blue "anywhere". Sad really. Just helps with the agenda. Now media and headlines can read "See...its happening! We must save the planet!". lol
Seems the agenda is real. Not sure about you guys, but the last 7 years alone should wake up anyone about run away heating. By their agenda and my facts are a horse of a diff color. They are after money and i just tell like it is.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Seems the agenda is real. Not sure about you guys, but the last 7 years alone should wake up anyone about run away heating. By their agenda and my facts are a horse of a diff color. They are after money and i just tell like it is.
You should get out of south Florida sometimes.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
You should get out of south Florida sometimes.
Not in south FL.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Not in south FL.
Well, near Tampa, right? My point is that you seem to base your rapid Earth heating based on what you experience in Florida, which is extreme south for the US. Most other areas are not like this. In April, when I should've been outside gardening, I was having snow and ice. Right now, I'm having typical fall weather, maybe even below normal temps, but you aren't. It's two different climates. That doesn't mean the Earth is going through any rapid heating and you say often.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Well, near Tampa, right? My point is that you seem to base your rapid Earth heating based on what you experience in Florida, which is extreme south for the US. Most other areas are not like this. In April, when I should've been outside gardening, I was having snow and ice. Right now, I'm having typical fall weather, maybe even below normal temps, but you aren't. It's two different climates. That doesn't mean the Earth is going through any rapid heating and you say often.
Just north of Tampa.
I just see more and more records being broken over the last 28 years and really the last 7 years world wide. My area has really warmed up from the fall thru spring since the late 70's. Summers were always hot.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Just north of Tampa.
I just see more and more records being broken over the last 28 years and really the last 7 years world wide. My area has really warmed up from the fall thru spring since the late 70's. Summers were always hot.
True, but there are records broken for cold also. Just recently Dallas recorded the coldest temps for that date. I know in April, we did here as well. You personally experience more heat due to your location. It's more apparent at time like this when other areas are experiencing cooler temps but your area isn't yet.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
True, but there are records broken for cold also. Just recently Dallas recorded the coldest temps for that date. I know in April, we did here as well. You personally experience more heat due to your location. It's more apparent at time like this when other areas are experiencing cooler temps but your area isn't yet.
Some areas will sell less warming while other see more cold. My area for sure has warmed up. Last Jan was the first time in years be had a colder than normal month. Then Feb was blazing hot and killed the redcord books.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
Using fog episodes from Jun 1 to Aug 31 (expanded to Oct to Apr snow events the subsequent winter) there will be a substantial snow event around Nov 1-7th in Northern Lower Michigan followed by an arctic blast with heavy lake effect immediately following. November will resemble January. Winter backs off, however; drier than normal and near normal temperature from late December on.

Fog events in the summer months are very accurate predictors of snow events the following winter. Late leaf color changes and delayed leaf fall typically occur in years with a harsh wintry November in these parts. The leaves are weeks late this year.

In addition, the saying around here is "winter starts the way the last one ended." There was a 27" snowstorm in mid April and one of the most delayed springs I've ever seen.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 10-19-2018 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather