Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the biggest reason why you don't like Florida/Gulf Coast summers?
Flooding/hurricanes. Otherwise, the summers aren't that bad, and sometimes even enjoyable. 19 31.67%
Humidity. I hate it even more than hurricanes! 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 11:41 AM

2,413 posts, read 1,039,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Personally I find these to be some of the finest summers in the world.
No, they are horrid

The south coast of England has some of the finest summers in the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 11:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,739,523 times
Not just Florida/Gulf coast. I find the entire east coast way too hot and humid in summer. That said, Florida and that area is particularly brutal. I don’t get how people will willingly live there. I was stationed down there and dreaded everytime I had to step outside in that heat.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
They're really not that awful.
Yes, they are awful. Florida is the Theological Place of Eternal Punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Be honest. Is the humidity really that bad?
Yes, the humidity really is that bad. In addition, its full of New Yawkers.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:13 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
I’d gladly trade places with you as I have had more than enough of this bitter cold weather in the Indianapolis area.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:01 PM

434 posts, read 1,041,317 times
I been to the Gulf Coast a few times in the summer months, I don't know if every time I been there the humidity was lower or maybe I'm just not remembering, but the weather was not as bad as expected. I honestly felt worse summer weather in Augusta and Macon, Georgia. Houston, New Orleans, Biloxi, and Pensacola, yeah really didn't feel all that bad compared with Dallas, Memphis, even Atlanta and NYC. Definitely didn't feel so yucky humidity wise like South Florida.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:07 PM

397 posts, read 319,588 times
South Florida full time resident here. The humidity is the worst part day in day out, although having to spend thousands to evacuate, or suffering in a blackout if you stay, from a hurricane every 10 years or so also sucks. Look, it's not a bad trade off at all overall, though. I'm glad I traded in Boston winters for muggy summers. Also, I went back to Boston last summer and it was a fully tropical summer anyway due to climate change. There used to be a BIG difference between Boston summers and Southern summers. When I was in Boston last summer, every day pretty much was in the 90s and humid and it also got above 100 a few days, which doesn't happen down here. I still think So Flo has the best weather on the East Coast because at least we have the wonderful winters to go along with the hot, humid summers.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:41 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'd love to live back in Florida. LOL But I lived in the Space Coast area.
Much better coast and more rain over there since with a reverse west windflow you get heavy T- storms coming at you from the west later in the day while i am bone dry and 24/7 sunshine day after day.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:44 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
Not just Florida/Gulf coast. I find the entire east coast way too hot and humid in summer. That said, Florida and that area is particularly brutal. I don’t get how people will willingly live there. I was stationed down there and dreaded everytime I had to step outside in that heat.
It is much worse now as 90's go into Nov and start back up again by Feb. Soon it will be year round 90's before most of you die as the planet keeps heating up at a faster and faster pace over the next 30 years.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
I'm fine with humidity and wild weather events. What makes Florida Gulf weather horrid for me is the heat and the endless summers...

Old 02-26-2019, 12:02 AM

895 posts, read 604,104 times
A bit too hot/humid but really not that bad. Better than summers in lowland areas of the Desert Southwest for sure. The effects of humidity are overstated imo.

Hurricanes are a problem but I think they won't be too bad either. I'd have to experience one to know for sure though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather