Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
I LOVE Spring! Especially since moving to North Carolina - Spring is absolutely beautiful here! We have narcissus blooming now, and the forsythia bushes should be in flower by next week! It's awesome!!!!!!
If I lived in North Carolina I'd love spring it too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If I lived in North Carolina I'd love spring it too!!!!
The appeal of Spring to me is more about the explosion of life; something you can see, hear and sometimes smell.
I usually do not like Spring weather, (often too chilly ) but it's worth putting up with to experience all the natural drama.

Does Houston have too many evergreens for there to be a dramatic change in plant life?
Are Houston's winters too mild for there to be a dramatic difference in the animal kingdom?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
The appeal of Spring to me is more about the explosion of life; something you can see, hear and sometimes smell.
I usually do not like Spring weather, (often too chilly ) but it's worth putting up with to experience all the natural drama.

Does Houston have too many evergreens for there to be a dramatic change in plant life?
Are Houston's winters too mild for there to be a dramatic difference in the animal kingdom?
Usually the winters are so mild you hardly notice anything new blooming, but this year we actually had some cold weather For the first in many many years things actually turned brown So this year there is a noticeable difference.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
I don't have a favorite season. Every season has its postives and negatives. My favorite thing about spring is the warming of the temps (10 to 12 weeks of freezing weather is enough for me), the increased sunshine and vegetation blooming. I don't like that it is tornado season (although there is no official tornado season, most tornados happen in late spring in Illinois).

Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Spring here is quite nice with everything blooming....I especially like the cherry blossoms here. Although I must say it seems to last a very long time (February to beginning of June some years) before summer arrives.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
I'm ready for Spring and the warmer weather, but I don't look forward to all the rain. We've been drenched here in North Texas for months now. There's mold on fences, trees... Yuk. We need to dry out and get plenty of sun, which has been absent about 3/4 of the time.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,171 times
Spring is definitely my pick. What it means in Sydney, Australia is lots of sunny weather, and max temperatures in the 70s (F). Also longer days. Probably no surprise the summer Olympics of 2000 were held in September, the first month of spring.

Conversely, spring in NZ IMO was very unsettled. Windy, rainy and not much warmer than winter. Summer was my pick when I lived there

Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
Spring in Melbourne sucks. Lots of cold, rainy, windy weather. Basically Autumn is infinately superior as it is warmer and more settled than spring. April is usually warmer than October, and March warmer than November for example.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
I definetly prefer fall and winter, but spring does have its positives. One of them being able to open the windows and let some fresh air in. Baseball season is right around the corner and soon I'll be able to dust off my tennis racket.

What I don't like is the longer days. It just doesn't feel right to be sunny out when I'm eating dinner.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:54 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
What I don't like is the longer days. It just doesn't feel right to be sunny out when I'm eating dinner.
Really? I may like my cold and snow but I've never been able to understand why someone would like the shorter days vs. longer days. I was peeved that yesterday was the first day since the time change that the sun came out and we actually benefited from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather