Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times

Advertisements

I think it looks beautiful, the name is obviously a "play of words" and I'm pretty sure everyone will get it. Relax and enjoy, the name adds a light hearted humor to the event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
It looks like a beautiful place, and I like the name.

go for it

Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,877 times
If this is really a concern to you, maybe you do need to look somewhere else. You know the mountains aren't far from Charolotte.... and you get a BEAUTIFUL setting. and of course there are tons of venues because it is a popular place to marry so I'm sure you can find a place in your budget. The NC arboretum in Asheville might be one option you should look into.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
Keep looking. What matters is how YOU and your husband to be feel about it. And you have said that you won't like the way it looks on the invitation. You think it sounds "hick" and tacky.

There are a lot of venues to explore, if you have time, look for one that meets EVERYTHING on your wish list before making compromises that you'll regret.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
I think it's supposed to sound country and cute (some may consider that a little hickish) but the place is very beautiful. I would say that if it's bothering you though, you will probably regret it.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,368,833 times
I have been looking since January and the other venues are either not our style or far too expensive. I know the mountains are close, but I have looked that way as well. I wouldnt call this settling, i would just call it being realistic.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
I agree with Sierra, it sounds great and like the perfect location to "get hitched"... go for it and stop being neurotic.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Something about "hitching post" just rubs me wrong. I will be having family from urban south FL traveling to as my guests to join us on this wonderful day, and I am concerned of what image all of our guests will have when "1812 Hitching Post" is read on the invitations.
What? You are worried about what the "urban" relatives will think?

If I had relatives who would so much as think "hick" over the name of a wedding venue I'd cross their names off the invitation list.

You should be invitng people who will love and support you and your fiance on this special day. Not a bunch of possible-snobs who will be tsk-tsking everything.

Yep. I'd dis-invite them and call up a few more friends who love me, don't care where I'm getting married, and know how to dance!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Looks like 98% of posters agree this place looks lovely and letting the name bother you would be silly

Let us know what you decide LilShorty!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:39 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Looks like 98% of posters agree this place looks lovely and letting the name bother you would be silly

Let us know what you decide LilShorty!
I agree that the place is beautiful and if she likes it she should decide based on what she thinks not what her guests will think (especially just based on the name of the place). If it's bothering her, she shouldn't have it there. If she loves it but is worried what others will think, then she should have it there. I'm not really clear what her pure opinion of the place is. If you settle, you could end up really regretting it. Decide what things are really important to you about the wedding an don't compromise or "settle" on those things. And location/setting is a big one..That's my general advice about wedding decisions.

side note: This thread and looking through the pics on the venues website made me have a dream that I renewed my vows and my mom changed my dress from a white dress with silver beading to a gold dress with all these little red roses all over it (I hate both of those colors) and I didn't know until I was supposed to put it on and I couldn't find anyone to help me fix it! (I dunno how the dress could be fixed but..??) haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings