Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM

512 posts, read 1,434,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Invite the boss. But don't show up yourself... NEVER get married. Did you even bother to google marriage..?
i hear ya....lol
trust me, marriage isn't my ideal situation either...
i've been living the married life for 4 years...without being married. and i'm fine with it. i like it this way. but girls have different needs and if you care about someone, you have to be sensitive to that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,511 times
Out of respect .. go ahead and invite em .. u're not inviting the President of United States for godsake lol ..although u can be one of his esteemed un invited guests

Old 05-11-2010, 06:58 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
If you, in the course of your acquaintance you know that your ex-boss is the type that likes to socialize with colleagues, sure, why not? Otherwise, just send an invite, though he may not show.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If you, in the course of your acquaintance you know that your ex-boss is the type that likes to socialize with colleagues, sure, why not? Otherwise, just send an invite, though he may not show.
not "ex-boss" mate. this is my current boss.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM

What about other collegues? you have to keep in mind that this is a small company....about 20 people in the office.....the boss, is also the CEO. i have another boss who is my immediate boss, i interact with him mostly, and send him my weekly stats, etc.
then there's another PM who i also associate with......

i know i won't invite the people at my level, but where do i draw the line?

thoughts?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM

738 posts, read 2,956,669 times
I didn't invite my coworkers for the aforementioned post's reason. If I invited a few people, I would've needed to open it up to a ton of coworkers. I debated on my direct supervisor and manager, but chose not to.

I don't personally think there's as much of a rule anymore to invite your bosses. If you feel comfortable enough in a social setting with him, go ahead and invite him. If you prefer to keep things more professional or separate, there's nothing wrong with simply saying that your wedding is a more intimate family affair if they bring it up (which they probably wouldnt)

Old 05-12-2010, 02:58 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
What about other collegues? you have to keep in mind that this is a small company....about 20 people in the office.....the boss, is also the CEO. i have another boss who is my immediate boss, i interact with him mostly, and send him my weekly stats, etc.
then there's another PM who i also associate with......

i know i won't invite the people at my level, but where do i draw the line?

thoughts?
You won't invite people at your level? If not, then be careful of how many management or upper level folks you invite. Though it might not be the reason, it could be seen as trying to kiss up to the management folks - especially if you interact with them as much or less than those on your level.

Of course there's no rule saying you have to invite those on your level .... just throwing that out there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings