Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Sorry to hear that desdemona... dont worry though, you'll be in NC soon... ppl are so friendly up there, in fact, I just got back from NC. The people are so friendly, I miss that.
LOL. I can hear the longing in your voice.

Grass is Greener syndrome, take some reality pills:

Front : Boy shot in road rage incident (Roanoke Rapids, NC) (http://www.rrdailyherald.com/articles/2006/07/29/front/front.txt - broken link)

Gotta love the Southern Hospitality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM

727 posts, read 1,837,530 times
the grass is greener, i lived there. i am sure ppl will be leaving nc in droves to come to a quieter, safer place in s fl right? fat chance.

you pull one article out from the entire state. i dont even know where that place is. lets not compare road rage incidents in nc vs fla. btw, a man died this morning in orlando from a road rage incident, after crashing his vehicle. the cops were chasing these IDIOTS in orlando because they were shooting at people on interstate 4. the 3 men tried to lose the cop in the chase and hit a pole, killing the driver and injuring the other 2 passengers. the suspects got what they deserved since they were on interstate 4 shooting at other cars. so lets not compare the two please, its a waste of time. you and i both know it.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM

I found the article... it is 6 months old. And I found this information as well...

"The last report from the hospital to the sheriff said the boy was alive, but in critical condition. The sheriff's office has a suspect in the crime. They are looking for a 6-foot, 190-pound black male who is driving a gray Ford pick-up truck."

Old 12-08-2008, 04:16 PM

TriMT7, you say, "Gotta love the Southern Hospitality," referring to an isolated incident in NC? OK, how about this one...

South Florida called "road rage capital" of U.S. : State News : TCPalm

South Florida called "road rage capital" of U.S.
BY BRIAN HAAS, Sun-Sentinel
Friday, September 19, 2008

Response?

Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,150,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Grass is Greener syndrome, take some reality pills:
Supposedly the gangs (What you should know about youth gangs in North Carolina (http://ssw.unc.edu/fcrp/fp/fp_v10n2/gangs.htm - broken link)) have a welcoming committee and give new residents a fruit basket.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM

tungsten, lets not even begin to compare gangs in nc vs fla. again, a waste of time, you and i both know it.

i just brought up on a quick "google" search that south fla is the road rage capitol of the U.S. (article above) so I am anxious to hear what triMT7 has to say...

Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
tungsten, lets not even begin to compare gangs in nc vs fla. again, a waste of time, you and i both know it.

i just brought up on a quick "google" search that south fla is the road rage capitol of the U.S. (article above) so I am anxious to hear what triMT7 has to say...
Miami is not Palm Beach is not Broward, is not Orlando, is not Tallahasse or Tampa.

Look, if you're going to try to compare Boca Raton (the subject of this thread) to supposed greener pastures in North Carolina, you better come prepared with more than your anectdotes and yearning that I suspect goes a lot deeper than fear of victimization.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 08:14 AM..

Old 12-09-2008, 10:50 AM

439 posts, read 1,749,098 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear that desdemona... dont worry though, you'll be in NC soon... ppl are so friendly up there, in fact, I just got back from NC. The people are so friendly, I miss that.
Yeah, I know. We were in the Outer Banks for the week of Thanksgiving. We didn't want to come home.

My dd is happy down here, but then again she's only 8. I didn't go outside the state of Florida for the first time until I was 14. But recently she's had one good friend move to Tennessee and then her best friend's family told us they're thinking about going to either TN or the western end of NC. If they go, I think she'll be in agreement about wanting to move. She already knows that her stepdad and I are NOT happy here and want out.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,150,747 times
Quote:
It may be true that if you tell a North Carolina gang member that he's not hard he'll just tell you to kiss his grits, but in South Florida, they just send you a link to "Gangstas and Thugs" on YouTube.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM

LOL, you brought it up TriMT7. I was making a comment to someone else, but you jumped in and said I need to take some reality pills, which is ridiculous, because unlike you, I have lived in both places. Then you google search a story about road rage in NC and find one article from 6 months ago. I respond by pointing out the article that names S FL the road rage capitol of the US, and then you dodge that by comparing crime stats, which is odd that you chose to compare Boca to the largest cities in NC. Lol, good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach