Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 AM

727 posts, read 1,837,774 times

Advertisements

So many ppl in S FL are out to impress people they dont even know, its really pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Supposedly the gangs (What you should know about youth gangs in North Carolina (http://ssw.unc.edu/fcrp/fp/fp_v10n2/gangs.htm - broken link)) have a welcoming committee and give new residents a fruit basket.

Oh dear, do the two school buses filled with children that were in the middle of a gang shoot out count? bullet holes in the side of the buses, thankfully no children hurt.

That's when I said to myself, yup enough is enough of good old Charlotte.
Such a great place......not

Old 12-21-2008, 06:31 PM

162 posts, read 638,705 times
I believe so. And those working in FL know NOT to retire in FL.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:55 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Beaches View Post
I believe so. And those working in FL know NOT to retire in FL.
Snowbirding is a good way to go for many retirees, especially if they have family elsewhere in the country.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Oh dear, do the two school buses filled with children that were in the middle of a gang shoot out count? bullet holes in the side of the buses, thankfully no children hurt.

That's when I said to myself, yup enough is enough of good old Charlotte.
Such a great place......not

And you dont think this occurs in FL? If not, you really need to reconsider your moving to FL. Some places in FL make NC look like Disney World.

Could you provide a link to this awful story?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,151,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Some places in FL make NC look like Disney World.
You mean that NC tries to keep its deaths out of the media?

Old 12-23-2008, 04:28 PM

Charlotte is the most crime ridden city in NC. I think we all would agree. There are places in FL that make Charlotte look like a walk in the park. I know Charlotte very well, I would walk around CLt at night without fear. I cannot say the same for areas in Orlando, Tampa, Miami, and other places like Opa Locka, Riviera Bch, etc... which are TINY compared to CLT.

But for someone to say they are moving out of CLT and moving to get out of crime ridden areas, they better take a real hard look at where in FL they are moving to.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
How wonderful for your economically stressed state (so I continually read on these boards) that they do chose to retire to Florida, and bring their money to spend directly in Florida.

I would like to mention you know they are paying some taxes... does that not help Florida, especially how we all read how DIRE it is down there....?
Actually Florida would be a lot better without outside money being directed to increasing housing prices for working families. We would prefer to get our income from producing things not selling our land to the rest of the world to the detriment of our quality of life. WIthout northeastern thinking and regulations our government would be scaled correctly for the south.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM

639 posts, read 1,143,072 times
There are MANY northeasterners (yours truly included) who are down here contributing to Florida via hard work and taxes. I DO NOT think like a northeasterner. In fact, I enjoy being down here because down here my vote can possibly count for something (unlike New York where you knew who would be elected in every election). Stop with the northeastern bashing. There are a lot of good northeasterners who come down to Florida and contribute to the state.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,537,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
There are MANY northeasterners (yours truly included) who are down here contributing to Florida via hard work and taxes. I DO NOT think like a northeasterner. In fact, I enjoy being down here because down here my vote can possibly count for something (unlike New York where you knew who would be elected in every election). Stop with the northeastern bashing. There are a lot of good northeasterners who come down to Florida and contribute to the state.
Agreed.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach