Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:13 PM

4 posts, read 23,411 times

Advertisements

Thanks Skylinet. I looked at the young professionals website and it seems to be a fun organization to be a part of. If I do decide to take the job, I'll definitely join!

DaniellaG...I've been on Meetup before and it is definitely a good site for finding people with similar interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM

11 posts, read 55,116 times
Yes I have moved to PBG and really do like it. It's quiet, but there are definitely places where more people hang out. Unfortunately I haven't been to any of them because my job keeps me pretty busy and I have a dog to come home to after work! I also don't know many people yet to really go to the bars/restaurants with. I'm a beach girl, so you can usually find me on the beach (with my doggie of course). But I would recommend living here. And I suggest either Legacy Place or Midtown if you do want to live in PBG.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM

16 posts, read 47,524 times
Hi everyone Hi beagleluvv!! This really is a great post I went to visit PBG and it is really nice! I went to a small restaurant called MJ's good for breakfast or lunch -it is ALL Natural very healthy and the people there are really nice! They actually recognized I wasn't from there and usually know all of their customers. As far as hang outs didnt really know of much. I did visit a town small called Lantana that had some cool bars and hang outs!! I think one was called Old Keylime House that has a beautiful patio with live music and a beautiful sunset. Very casual. Yes I am still considering moving there not knowing anyone can be difficult but I thought about joining MeetUp.com

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
It is hard meeting people I do know as I moved basically knowing no one. It just takes 1 person though to introduce you to others. Plus through work. The meet up group seems good as well. Though I have not done much through that. One group got canceled. It is good you had a nice time

Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM

11 posts, read 55,116 times
That's great you had a good time seashell! I'm still trying to meet people, too, but it's still great living here!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 11,593 times
Hi. I'm actually moving to Palm Beach Gardens in less than a month and was thinking about checking out Meetup to meet new people. I've never been to one before. I'm 36 years old and from NJ. I'm relocating next month. I'm excited for my move.

Are you finding the people are friendly in the area? Also, does anyone know of any good nail salons and hair salons in the area?

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:04 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagleluvv View Post
I have a car, so transportation isn't a problem. And by nightlife, I really do mean casual bars or lounges...I'm not a clubber/dancer! I just want to make sure I wouldn't be moving somewhere that is all married people and families. What are the safe neighborhoods in downtown West Palm Beach for a single girl in her 20s to live if I do decide to live there and commute to PBG?
Jupiter is also a nice area to live. Beaches are gorgious. There are bars / clubs and Palm Beach Gardens is not far (10 miles) and an easy commute.

Abacoa - is between Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. It has a downtown area with restaurants / bars, a college - FL Atlantic, Roger Dean Stadium (Spring Training Baseball), they have festivals troughout the year - there was an Italian Festival last weekend. They have car shows frequently and a Green Market. Palm Beach Gardens Mall and the Movie Theater located in Downtown at the Gardens are no move than 10 minutes away. The major highways are also nearby. I-95 and the Florida Turnpike. Miami is about a 2 hour drive and Ft. Lauderdale is about 1 hour drive to the south. Orlando is about 2 1/2 hours to the north.

West Palm Beach's Clematis Street, the water front area, City Place, and the Kravis Center for Performing Arts and the Convention Center is about a 30 minute drive. But I am not sure of the safety down town.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 AM

92 posts, read 309,745 times
Palm Beach Gardens is mostly families and/or older people. More younger, singles live in downtown WPB. If I were you I would commute to work and live in WPB. I'd think you want to be in a building that has other young, singles so you meet people you can go out with. After work and on Saturday, in downtown WPB, I see hip, young people dining al fresco and walking their dogs, etc.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:09 PM
BKV

1 posts, read 2,921 times
I'm getting ready to move to Florida. I'm a 30 year old guy that's into lots of sports on the beach or in the water. Looking to be able to walk to the beach, out to eat, or to some local bars. Never been to Florida and as wondering which of these places would be best. West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Riveria Beach, North Palm Beach, or Juno Gardens. Rent $1200

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKV View Post
I'm getting ready to move to Florida. I'm a 30 year old guy that's into lots of sports on the beach or in the water. Looking to be able to walk to the beach, out to eat, or to some local bars. Never been to Florida and as wondering which of these places would be best. West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Riveria Beach, North Palm Beach, or Juno Gardens. Rent $1200

Thanks!
"Never been to Florida"...suggest you visit first, then get a feel for the area. Also do you have a job lined up? Have you looked into the COL here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach