Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 PM

141 posts, read 506,405 times

Advertisements

Looking for a nice place to kayak on the intracoastal that isn't overrun by boats on the weekend. Any suggestions? Too hot to be inland somewhere like Jonathan Dickenson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 AM

110 posts, read 174,185 times
From what I have seen around the Riverwalk area, early mornings (or around 6:00 pm) area not crowded this time of the year.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
not on topic--but need suggestion for monocular or binoculars for Christmas present for my SIL who likes to kayak and fly fish on the Gulf side of FL--south of Venice....
Any suggestions for something that has good optics and low mag--
most of the low 6X are night scopes which he can't use for fishing...

as a matter of reference--how heavy is heavy for a set of binocs on a kayak?
I read some posts where people are happy wih ones that are several lbs....which seems very heavy on a kayak...
and he is not forthcoming about what he wants for Christmas--
if I ask him he won't say anything specific...thinks it is bad manners...

Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,846,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang08 View Post
Looking for a nice place to kayak on the intracoastal that isn't overrun by boats on the weekend. Any suggestions? Too hot to be inland somewhere like Jonathan Dickenson.
I was going to suggest the C-18 canal in Palm Beach Gardens (starting at the Sandhill Crane trailhead) but if it is too hot for you inland why not take the kayak to the open ocean? Just stick to the beach line....

Old 12-06-2013, 07:09 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,429,161 times
Or you could come down and kayak the WestPalm/Lake Worth area of the lagoon aka intracoastal. I stick to the west side of the waterway as there are little islands . The motor boats can't go there.

There's a launch at Snook Islands, and I think another one by Southern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach