Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:44 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,899 times

Advertisements

There is a new commercial project being considered in Jupiter, off Island Way, south of the Jupiter Park. When completed, the venture will employ 1000+ employees.

Does anyone have any information about this proposed project???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM

228 posts, read 362,346 times
Is that behind the winn dixie plaza? That I don't know. I hear that they are putting a parking garage at Dubois Park? Where exactly is that going? Can't believe all the changes since we left Jupiter

Barbara ( former Jupiter resident)

Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 AM

the parking garage is DOA....

land marks for the commercial plaza would be roughly +/- a mile north of Duffy's...directly south of the Jupiter Park...somewhere east of Island Way Rd...

Old 01-27-2014, 09:12 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
the parking garage is DOA....

land marks for the commercial plaza would be roughly +/- a mile north of Duffy's...directly south of the Jupiter Park...somewhere east of Island Way Rd...
That area is rough so commercial might be the solution! There was just a double murder there in 2012....unsolved to date.
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...r-near-jupiter

Old 01-29-2014, 03:06 PM

72 posts, read 227,138 times
Is anyone going to the meeting hosted at Rialto tomorrow about this project? If so, I would really like to hear what is discussed. If anyone attending has the time, a full report would be very helpful.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:34 PM

The commercial project...consists of 3 building.....to house international and national corporate headquarters for an unidentified company

1 - 93,000 SF, 3 story building, 50 feet high, office building

2 - 56,000 SF 1 story warehouse

3 - 220,000 SF 1 story building to be used for repairs, research and ???????????

The project will employee 1000+ employees and will be at Lime Stone Creek and Island Way with both entrances on Island Way. They will also own the 16 Acre parcel on the west side of Island Way opposite the commercial park which might be used for a hotel or other project to support the company.

They will not release the name of the company moving in since it has not been written in stone...no start date has been set and an alleged definite answer as to who - what - when - where - might be release in 30 days.

As usual, the town officials were evasive to question and keep repeating we were so lucky to have this type of customer to be moving in...

Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
The commercial project...consists of 3 building.....to house international and national corporate headquarters for an unidentified company

1 - 93,000 SF, 3 story building, 50 feet high, office building

2 - 56,000 SF 1 story warehouse

3 - 220,000 SF 1 story building to be used for repairs, research and ???????????

The project will employee 1000+ employees and will be at Lime Stone Creek and Island Way with both entrances on Island Way. They will also own the 16 Acre parcel on the west side of Island Way opposite the commercial park which might be used for a hotel or other project to support the company.

They will not release the name of the company moving in since it has not been written in stone...no start date has been set and an alleged definite answer as to who - what - when - where - might be release in 30 days.

As usual, the town officials were evasive to question and keep repeating we were so lucky to have this type of customer to be moving in...
Wow that seems like a lot of commercial for that area........the 220K sq ft building seems out of scale for sure.

That would have hurt Rialto sales for sure if this was done first or even announced.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Wow that seems like a lot of commercial for that area........the 220K sq ft building seems out of scale for sure.

That would have hurt Rialto sales for sure if this was done first or even announced.
All of Island Way south of the Martin County line was zoned industrial and then rezoned to allow Lennar to build Rialto. The Rialto project was down sized from the original 600+ homes they wanted to the 476 homes that they are currently allowed to build...all in preparation for this commercial project which has apparently been in the works for the last 5 to 10 years or more......after all...it offers easy access to both 95 and the Florida Turnpike......

If this commercial project becomes common knowledge...I think the sales of the Estate Homes at Rialto will come to an abrupt halt......and/or Lennar will have to drop their prices to move the homes......They have been building the Estate Homes at an extremely quick pace and I am sure they will step up their advertising to sell them before the commercial project is written in stone or becomes common knowledge...

Unfortunately, in my sales contract Lennar mentioned the possible building of a commercial project south of Rialto and when I called the Town of Jupiter in December of 2012, before signing any contract, they claimed to have no knowledge of any commercial project on Island Way between Indiantown and Rialto......obviously a crock of poop!!!

More to follow....

Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 AM

72 posts, read 227,138 times
Wow, that is very interesting. Put that with the fact that Rialto released the lot fees for some of the lake lots we were interested in. $110K just for the lot fee, and that would have my backyard facing south right toward these buildings. I think Rialto is off the table for us. But supposedly they have deposits on several of the lake lots just released, so they are still moving. I think that is the power of Jupiter schools!

Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 AM

Lennar just listed a home for $839,000 in the estate section...I could not imagine spending that kind of money on a home to listen to the traffic on 95 or the screaming and yelling coming from Jupiter Park...to say nothing of the lights that are on the light up the fields...

I would be looking at the Jupiter County Club, Paloma, or further south in Palm Beach County...but that's me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach