Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 04:08 PM

174 posts, read 207,260 times

Advertisements

jupiter is the safest town in all of florida so thats good. but seattle is so gorgeous, i don't know why you are leaving it for Florida, oh a house in jupiter costs more than four hundred thousand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 05:10 AM

14 posts, read 157,171 times
Haven't checked in here for several months. Here's another update:

We're feeling more at home here in Tequesta/Jupiter. We still really love our neighborhood. There are always people walking, running, biking, skateboarding, and folks are super friendly. Halloween was like Mardis Gras here (family friendly). Almost daily, we walk the few short blocks to one of the neighborhood riverfront parks to watch the sunset or fish jumping. We've had a few scary storms with tornado warnings in the last couple of months, but other than that, the weather is idyllic...expecting mid-70s today. They consider 60s a "cold snap" here.

My high school freshman is doing well at Jupiter High School but recently auditioned for Dreyfoos School for the Performing Arts in West Palm. Chances are slim that she'll get in as a sophomore (spaces are extremely limited) and if she doesn't get in, she is doing well enough at Jupiter. My youngest is now doing traditional homeschooling, and we found a great secular homeschooling group to do outings and classes with.

Now that we're pretty well settled in, I'm marveling at our good luck at choosing this Tequesta location. There's plenty nearby (shopping, restaurants, library, post office, you name it!!) without as much traffic and congestion as nearby Jupiter. The nearby beaches (Blowing Rocks Preserve, Coral Cove) are GORGEOUS and uncrowded. Constitution Park down the street often hosts Food Truck Frenzies, complete with kid's activities and live music. Did I mention I LOVE this neighborhood??

Old 02-22-2016, 05:12 AM

We didn't leave Olympia, WA for any other reason than to allow my pilot husband to get to work (Miami) without spending entire days commuting to and from by plane. And while the Pacific NW is gorgeous and we love it, we are definitely digging the sunshine and beauty that this area offers.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Just curious why a 2hour commute on I 95 would be something you'd consider? Yikes...jmo...that could get very old very fast...ps I lived in so fl for 25 years

My husband flies for a major airline and only makes the commute once a week on average---he often takes the Tri-Rail all the way to the airport, which is really relaxed.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g34991 View Post
Mineminee, Can I ask you in what neighborhood did you purchase in Tequesta, We are considering a move to the Jupiter area next spring and my son will be a junior in high school and would like to be in the Jupiter high school district. We will be moving from Idaho . Will we be able to purchase in or around there for $300,000?
We bought in Tequesta Country Club, although we've never golfed. It's not as uppity as it sounds---kind of a beach, laid-back, family-friendly vibe. Lots of young families. We LOVE it! Our home was $480 (a foreclosure!) but it's 3300 SF.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:55 PM

11 posts, read 29,710 times
Minminee ~

Welcome to the neighborhood. I knew right away that you moved into Tequesta Country Club by your description ~ LOL! We live on Golfview Drive, since 1999 It's so pretty here and our neighborhood has more and more families moving in ~ Love that change!! So glad you like it! My oldest son is a sophomore at Dreyfoos, I hope your daughter gets good news!

Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 PM

499 posts, read 586,222 times
We relocated to Wellington last year and we absolutely love it. Our lease is almost up on the house we've been renting and my husband has been talking about renting our next home in Jupiter / Tequesta. Our daughter is only 3 so school isn't an issue and we're still not ready to buy yet, so now is the best time to feel out other areas. It's funny, the homes available to rent in Jupiter are very similar in size & price to Wellington (except MUCH closer to the water). We grew up on the CT coast and miss being close to the beach (although I do really love Wellington, as I mentioned). It's funny to see these posts b/c we were just looking at homes around Golf View Drive & Country Club Drive area. Glad to see some positive posts from happy families who actually live in the area! (We're also looking in Abacoa b/c of its reputation of being "family oriented" and prices - ahhh, so confusing! )

Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 AM

11 posts, read 29,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
We relocated to Wellington last year and we absolutely love it. Our lease is almost up on the house we've been renting and my husband has been talking about renting our next home in Jupiter / Tequesta. Our daughter is only 3 so school isn't an issue and we're still not ready to buy yet, so now is the best time to feel out other areas. It's funny, the homes available to rent in Jupiter are very similar in size & price to Wellington (except MUCH closer to the water). We grew up on the CT coast and miss being close to the beach (although I do really love Wellington, as I mentioned). It's funny to see these posts b/c we were just looking at homes around Golf View Drive & Country Club Drive area. Glad to see some positive posts from happy families who actually live in the area! (We're also looking in Abacoa b/c of its reputation of being "family oriented" and prices - ahhh, so confusing! )
You'll love it here Nothing like living near the beach!

Old 03-26-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teq3 View Post
Minminee ~

Welcome to the neighborhood. I knew right away that you moved into Tequesta Country Club by your description ~ LOL! We live on Golfview Drive, since 1999 It's so pretty here and our neighborhood has more and more families moving in ~ Love that change!! So glad you like it! My oldest son is a sophomore at Dreyfoos, I hope your daughter gets good news!

Small world---we live on the same street!!
Thanks for the warm welcome... we'll hear what happens with Hannah's Dreyfoos auditions on April 1, though we've heard and understand that her chances are slim to none as an incoming sophomore.
Maybe we'll have a chance to meet someday since we're neighbors!

Old 03-26-2016, 02:04 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineminee View Post
We bought in Tequesta Country Club, although we've never golfed. It's not as uppity as it sounds---kind of a beach, laid-back, family-friendly vibe. Lots of young families. We LOVE it! Our home was $480 (a foreclosure!) but it's 3300 SF.

How is the commute from there to West palm? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach