Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,056,440 times

Advertisements

Well, it's official.....3,000 new homes approved for development on the old callery-judge farms land....which is right next to the acreage in palm beach county.

Does anyone know who the developer or developers is going to be ? I would love to buy here if the price is right...and I'm sure it will be given the current market. The existing inventory of homes in the acreage is old and outdated with very little pride of ownership...a real shame. They need some brand new homes in the area to so the area can look "polished" with great curb appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Well, it's official.....3,000 new homes approved for development on the old callery-judge farms land....which is right next to the acreage in palm beach county.

Does anyone know who the developer or developers is going to be ? I would love to buy here if the price is right...and I'm sure it will be given the current market. The existing inventory of homes in the acreage is old and outdated with very little pride of ownership...a real shame. They need some brand new homes in the area to so the area can look "polished" with great curb appeal.
Need to take issue with you on this statement..The existing inventory of homes in the acreage is old and outdated with very little pride of ownership...a real shame.

Here is one that is currently for sale (click my profile and click "home page" that is priced well in the area that you will pay in CJ for one of those poorly made new homes. (note I was in the construction trade here for 35 years and I know)

The acreage is a 36 square mile area that has many homes in he 400 to 1 million dollar range. Granted there are older homes that were built in the 60's by people who wanted to live in piece and quiet rather than in a noisy development.

The quality of life in the Acreage is great. Your neighbors are friendly but not noisy. All these "new homes" being built on zerro lot lines, with postage stamps for lots are like monopoly houses, with so many restrictions that most don't read before purchasing. Only to be disappointed afterwords.

In The Acreage all lots are 1 1/4 acre +, without a homeowners association telling you what color you can paint your house. Granted living here isn't for everyone, but if you want to live somewhere that has NO crime, and a lot big enough for your kids to play on, with some of the best schools and parks in the County, don't dismiss the Acreage.

greg

Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,056,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Need to take issue with you on this statement..The existing inventory of homes in the acreage is old and outdated with very little pride of ownership...a real shame.

Here is one that is currently for sale (click my profile and click "home page" that is priced well in the area that you will pay in CJ for one of those poorly made new homes. (note I was in the construction trade here for 35 years and I know)

The acreage is a 36 square mile area that has many homes in he 400 to 1 million dollar range. Granted there are older homes that were built in the 60's by people who wanted to live in piece and quiet rather than in a noisy development.

The quality of life in the Acreage is great. Your neighbors are friendly but not noisy. All these "new homes" being built on zerro lot lines, with postage stamps for lots are like monopoly houses, with so many restrictions that most don't read before purchasing. Only to be disappointed afterwords.

In The Acreage all lots are 1 1/4 acre +, without a homeowners association telling you what color you can paint your house. Granted living here isn't for everyone, but if you want to live somewhere that has NO crime, and a lot big enough for your kids to play on, with some of the best schools and parks in the County, don't dismiss the Acreage.

greg
The acreage IS great. Actually going to a wedding there today...a house off Temple. But my comment is from my experiences. I went around with a realtor back in the beginning of the year and looked at about 10 houses. They were nice, but there were many that were not nice. My overall impression was that much of the inventory were people that had no pride in ownership. Granted, there were exceptions here and there like your home. Your home is beautiful and I don't mean to **** on the parade, but it's overpriced. That home should be selling for 300K. I know you will disagree with me 100% on that, but watch what the market does in the next few months as prices continue to plummet.

The 3,000 brand new homes I was talking about WILL be on at least 1.14 acres of land for each home according to the article...so it should be nice. But, traffic will be horrendous. I have a suspicion that you are one of those old time acreage residents that are leaving the area because that quiet country feel is disappearing due to all the new construction and bad traffic. Right ? I have a couple of co-workers that live in the acreage that are leaving because of the exact same reason.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM

247 posts, read 1,290,693 times
Just my two cents but I agree with both of you on two different points.

gregm-I agree with you that most people do take care of their property and the Acreage is a fantastic area to raise kids. My kids went to Pierce Hammock Elementary and it was the best school. Also, with these new homes in Callery Judge is a huge mistake. The traffic is already horrible....has anyone who is in favor of this development actually driven on Seminole Pratt Whitney Road????

heydade-I agree with you on the price of his home (I'm sorry about that gregm) It is a very nice home and is well taken care of. But it should be priced under $300K. My brother-in-law just sold his 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 3500 sq ft home built in 2002 with an attached 2 car garage and an additional 3 car garage (cbs built). He sold it for $338,000. That was 2 weeks ago. That is the sad fact of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach