Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,957 times

Advertisements

My daughter is 25 and is legally disabled (mentally) due to a brain injury. We have been looking for a place for her to live on her own with not much luck. She gets ~650 month. The only rentals in her range are all 55+ communities. I think that would be alot safer than some of the trailer parks, etc. that are inexpensive. A realtor told me that some of those communities are not 100% 55+. That they allow a percentage of younger people as long as there aren't any problems.
Does anyone know how to find ot which ones? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks for you help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Yes I think there's an 80/20 rule...I was told by my realtor but I don't know how it works technically. I"d call the Century Village property managers maybe they'd help. (like the realtor should have, imo) I don't know all the neighborhoods there but there are several. I spoke with someone in Coconut Creek who spoke highly of it, especially because they have alot of support with transportation and medical issues on site. Also Lime Bay in Tamarac outside of Ft Lauderdale has rentals in the 450 - 600 range.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM

20 posts, read 132,954 times
Century Village Boca Raton does also have the 80/20 rule, but when I checked with the managment there they said that are at the 20% limit and the wait list is closed that was about a year ago and that it seamed it will not open soon. The reason I believe is that the prics in CV are the lowest you will find in the area for a safe and secure place to live in the Boca area. If some under 55 lives there with someone who is over 55 that is fine. Just at this moment no one under 55 can live alone. I have not checked with Kings Point in Delray Beach.
I would suggest for you to get in contact with the managment for each community to see where they are at with the 80/20 rule.
here is a link that may help 55+ Housing / Resources / Home - Florida Commission on Human Relations

Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 AM

569 posts, read 1,669,153 times
Most senior communities can go up to 20% underage without losing their senior status. It is all governed by the state legislature and Florida law.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 9,957 times
Thanks for everybody's help. We're still looking. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach