Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 25,629 times

Advertisements

Stay away from Evergreen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,307 times
My husband and I bought in Evergrene almost two years ago and love it! We purchased the home with the idea of raising a family and the clubhouse and open space was the selling point. The HOA's are somewhat expensive but we are very happy because it includes a gated community with 24 hour HUMAN security and not just a gate, lawn care, cable, alarm system, and of course all the amenities of the clubhouse (gym, pool, tiki bar, library, adult/teen/children room). We also love the events that are held there (Easter egg hunt, wine tasting, lobster fest, etc.). I agree the house's are average not great but not bad and the train we got used too. I probably wouldn't recommend buying a home if you aren't going to utilize the facility because it wouldn't be worth the HOA fee but we do and many of our friends come over because they love the area. However, the most important thing is we feel SAFE!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,074 times
The Evergrene HOA is a bunch of theives. This HOA charges more than any other HOA in Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter, and we get no more. I love my home, I love my neighbors, but we all think that the Evergrene HOA board are stealing from us. One of the theives on the board, Marcie Tinsley, is running for political office in Palm Beach. God help us if Marcie wins. She and that theif Jim Keeley have destroyed Evergrene, now she will destroy Palm Beach.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM

157 posts, read 284,007 times
The HOA fees they charge are a joke in terms of cost/benefit. Half of the "security" guards look like they just got out of the joint, I've heard bad things about management from some friends, and overall the property doesn't look that nice. Where is all of the money going?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM

232 posts, read 773,153 times
The people I have talked to love it there. But they have kids as well which might be a reason why. There are some amazing deals out there now in Evergrene.

Two pieces of advice I would have is to maybe stay in whatever house you are looking until you know a train is passing by as some of the property there is close to the railroad tracks. Also make sure your inspector is very good as, with all communities built in that time, there are rumors of cutting corners when building houses.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,002 times
Default Do Not Elect Marcie Tinsley in November !!!

I hope everyone in your community knows that Marcie Tinsley is now running for Palm Beach Gardens City Council in November.

If what I am reading is true, you should not vote for her. She has the backing of Councilman Eric Jablin to get her into office. If this happens, you can be assured that what she and her HOA Board have done to Evergrene will be done to the rest of the city. Expect higher taxes, more 'funny things going on behind closed doors' and a huge piece of the 'good ole boys/girls club'. Even her husband (different last name of course) worked for a company (Shalloway) whose owner was indited on corruption charges. I guess this is how things are done in her family.

Marcie is bad for this election and bad for Palm Beach Gardens. Stop her and put an end to this horrible situation.

Vote for Ken Menard on November 2nd! Go to google and type in "Ken Menard" and click on my website.

(Unfortunately, I have to put this next statement online under Florida State Election Law. "Political advertisement paid for and approved by Ken Menard for PBG City Council, Group 5").

Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,715 times
I think that the Evergrene Homeowner Board is doing their best to ruin the place. They bought the clubhouse for about $9 Million about the same time it was appraised for $3 Million. Then they turned it into a big office building for the 15 full-time employees that do absolutely NOTHING all day. The HOA always compares themselves to communities with golf courses and tennis courts. Evergrene has none of those things. Instead, it has a piece of crap bocce court with a worn out indoor-outdoor carpet.

The only good thing that the Homeowner Board did is to drive the value of homes in Evergrene down the toilet. Evergrene now has the cheapest homes in Palm Beach Gardens. Don't be fooled into buying anything - the annual HOA fee of about $6000 will probably be more than your mortgage if you buy there.

There are lots of good neighborhoods in Palm Beach Gardens. Evergrene is not one of them.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM

207 posts, read 1,033,834 times
Wow, some strong feelings out there regarding the HOA. I wonder if people would feel the same about living/buying there if they weren't paying $500/mo in dues?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
Wow, some strong feelings out there regarding the HOA. I wonder if people would feel the same about living/buying there if they weren't paying $500/mo in dues?
The dues ARE very high. Otherwise, I've always seen it as a very beautiful community.

In this market, high HOA fees has an inverse relationship with price. If Evergrene fees were just $200 cheaper, the value of the homes in the community would jump. IMO, the Evergrene board needs to figure out how to make it happen, even if it means less - or changing - the amenities at the club house, changing maintenance contractors, or getting rid of manned gates (completely unnecessary, given that Abacoa, right across the street, is very successful and safe without any guards or gates!)

Old 02-11-2011, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,673 times
I am currently in the process of buying a home and my fiance and I thought looking into Evergrene would be a good idea, because there were some homes that were reasonably priced and our Realtor was quick to push us away from the community and then directed us to this chat forum. We truly appreciate her advice and I hope that anyone who thinks of buying in this community look into the negative factors in which might not be visible to you while buying the home. Speak with the people who already live there and get their opinion on how much they like the community. It is quite clear that everyone who lives there now are truly displeased with the way things are being handled by the community leaders. This is one of the many reasons why we were so cautious about ever buying into an HOA.... It seems at times as if the people who lives in an HOA essentially pays for their own imprisonment.... Thanks all for all your feedbacks; these messages will help many families to not make such dreadful mistakes like the people who currently have to deal with the crap that these HOAs put them through. GOOD LUCK ALL... This HOME SHOPPING THING IS NOOOO FUN!!! [/b]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach