Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,838 times

Advertisements

We're looking to move from West Boynton to East Boca. We'd like a little land and can do without the HOA, so it looks like our best bet is East Boca, due to airport proximity and FAU. What about the areas there? How do they compare? East/West of 95, Near Yamato/Glades/Palmetto? It seems the general consensus is "Boca is nice... just avoid Pearl City". Any advice beyond that?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 08:26 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,700 times
Hidden Valley is a very nice area in east Boca where the homes have some land. Tropic Isles on the intracoastal is also very nice but more pricey. Don't know what you're looking to spend.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:56 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Hidden Valley is north of Yamato towards the Delray Beach border. Prices there for a non-HOA SFH are more moderate compared to other areas in east Boca. I'm not too sure whether Tropical Isles offers SFHs, I believe it is mostly condos and townhouses.

The SFH subdivision just south of Glades, I believe, also offers older SFHs with land, but is more pricey. In some cases, people have bought the property, demolished the old house, and built anew.

Further south, a bit south of Palmetto, I believe, there is a peninsula with non-HOA SFHs that may be even more pricey. I forgot the name of the subdivision, but the streets have Spanish and other Mediterranean-type names, sort of like Coral Gables.

Under current market conditions, you may want to check out if there are any good deals on short sales/foreclosures, though Hidden Valley is probably your best bet.

A bit further inland but still east of 95 there are other older subsections and streets that have non-HOA SFHs, especially around Palmetto, but particular names of subsections do not stand out, you have to do your research, visit them, etc. The eastern zip codes from north to south are 33487, 33431 and 33432, but they extend inland to around Military Trail.

As joanie55 says, a lot depends on price range.

Good Luck!

Old 11-14-2009, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,838 times
Thank you both for your input... We're looking in the lower (sub-400) price range due to our situation with our current house. We've also been looking at Boca Raton Hills, Palm Beach Farms, and a realtor recommended Boca Raton Square. If we get something that we can renovate/extend, or even live in for a while then demolish, we'd be fine with that.

The realtor we contacted said to avoid short sales... Can you recommend a realtor for that?

Old 11-15-2009, 09:54 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
The realtor we contacted said to avoid short sales... Can you recommend a realtor for that?

Most realtors will try and stay away from short sales. They are a real headache for everyone. I have one now where the buyer has waited 4 months to get acceptance just to find out that the property didn't appraise at the value of the offer (which we are re-negotiating), but I've also seen short sales get approved in a month.
If you are patient though and willing to wait around it can be worth it. Researching the background of the sale is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach