Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM

5 posts, read 28,697 times

Advertisements

What neighborhoods in Wellington accept section 8?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Too many to list, check the PBSO Booking Blotter for a good idea on where to start looking.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Kind of off the topic, but I was showing homes in Versailles yesterday and it was sad to see how many were in foreclosure...
I showed one that used to be over a mill and it was probably worth 350 now. Had dozens of roaches, and other unsightly items.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 35,143 times
section 8 RUINED Shoma in wellington..section 8 does not belong here, the crime is sky-rocketing. It is impossible to even look at buying anything in the super luxurious Black Diamond because section 8 is in walking distance. its really really sad that ALL of the neighborhoods even in royal palm and west palm are all becoming too dangerous to live in. Its unfortunate enough that we live this close to riviera beach. now my current neighborhood is offering three months free rent in this "used to be luxury condos". the family below us has had furniture repoed, warrants served, etc. An old man in the near by century village was beaten and left for dead by "new residents" who happen to be from undesirable areas. I am truly disgusted with what happened to this area.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:03 AM

6 posts, read 23,515 times
Except a few areas all Wellington is section 8. The biggest wanna be city in the USA. I lived there for 8 years. FInally found someone willing to buy my house. Don't buy, rent. If you really want to have a feel for the city, spend an hour in the Code Department in Wellington Trace and Forest Hill and you will see how many losers you will have to suport with your <high> taxes.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well View Post
Except a few areas all Wellington is section 8. The biggest wanna be city in the USA. I lived there for 8 years. FInally found someone willing to buy my house. Don't buy, rent. If you really want to have a feel for the city, spend an hour in the Code Department in Wellington Trace and Forest Hill and you will see how many losers you will have to suport with your <high> taxes.
Very little of Wellington is Section 8, the area that is a high crime area is off of Wellington Trace, 12th Fairway, White Pine Drive and near Greenview Shores and Wellington Trace. There are some trouble spots, it's not Beverly Hills and anyone that thinks it is has their head up the opposite end of their mouth.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 11,774 times
why do everybody think SECTION 8 is the blame? Section 8 is not human, its a govt-based program that allows low income families the priveledge to live in nice areas which on a normal basis would be too much to afford out of pocket. You never no who is on Section 8. wat about those that are NOT section8 tenants and do the same things, do they get a waiver bc theyre nto funded? PPL PLEASE...NO the facts! the problem is simple...THEY DONT WANT TOO MANY BLACKS IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM

232 posts, read 773,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Princess View Post
why do everybody think SECTION 8 is the blame? Section 8 is not human, its a govt-based program that allows low income families the priveledge to live in nice areas which on a normal basis would be too much to afford out of pocket. You never no who is on Section 8. wat about those that are NOT section8 tenants and do the same things, do they get a waiver bc theyre nto funded? PPL PLEASE...NO the facts! the problem is simple...THEY DONT WANT TOO MANY BLACKS IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS!
No..not really. I grew up in white bread america and gov housing was frowned upon by people.

Always has had a bad rep since when I grew up (in the 80's) deserved or not deserved.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Princess View Post
Living in a nice neighborhood is not a "priviledge"....it should be earned by getting a good education and working hard. If you earn it, you will most likely cherish it and take good care of it....

Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 AM

4,152 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Living in a nice neighborhood is not a "priviledge"....it should be earned by getting a good education and working hard. If you earn it, you will most likely cherish it and take good care of it....
Amen!!

I don't understand why these people, I am referring to the government, think the so called needy who make 30k a year need to live like they are making 300k a year. This country was found with free market and in the last 30 years, it has turned to trash.

These people get free medical/dental, free food, free house if they provide hardship. No wonder why some people choose to be poor or work off the book.

If you have 2 kids and make 18k a year or something, you pay no income tax and get 10k back from EIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach