Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,224 times

Advertisements

Well about two of it is math because my math teacher doesn't teach she just gives us homework then goes over it the next day. The rest of it is history, and I don't have English homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon carter View Post
Do you really expect the owner of a business to let anyone work three weeks on and nine weeks off.
First off in many places teenagers are having trouble getting jobs anywhere because of the recession. Do you really think they want owners want someone to only work for 3 months when they can get a full time employee?

But yes they would hire you if everyone was on that schedule. Not everyone gets off at the same time so they could make arrangements for you to have a job when you are off and someone else to have one while you are at school. It would actually be more stable employment.

Also people can work while in school, with homework. I know plenty of people who did this. I know plenty of people who worked 60+ hours weeks while in HS and college, likewise I know people that worked these hours, studied, and had to take care of children. So it can be done if you want a job so bad. Also if you go to public school the HW load is a joke anyway.

So dont be so quick to rush into the real world. Like I have said you have your whole life ahead of you to be an adult, work bad jobs, make nothing, live in poverty, and be miserable. Your best way out, and even this is no longer guaranteed, is a good education. The days where teenagers could put one foot into the real world and one foot into being a teenager are over for all but the rich. So if you have rich parents then this doesnt apply to you, but if you are like most WVians you need to choose if you want to attain valuable skills or a minimum wage career for the rest of your life.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Year around schooling would.
Just like magic.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just like magic.
No, the opposite of magic.

Studies using science, statistics, empiricism, critical thinking, western logic, and rationality show how will it improve things.

Arguing for a summer break is the magic argument. Although to be fair most people are against year around schooling because it is a new idea that they are unfamiliar with, like roundabouts. Americans have been known to greatly not want roundabouts in there towns, despite not understanding how they work, and when they do come up within a year 80% of the people who use it change their mind and realize they are great. The reason they are against new things is they dont fully understand them and it scares them. Then there are the magic people who refuse to acknowledge the facts.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
No, the opposite of magic.

Studies using science, statistics, empiricism, critical thinking, western logic, and rationality show how will it improve things.
Like I said. Magic. Just because you say so.

"Empirical studies say so". That seems to be the fall back argument of half the discussions on the internet.

Please explain...........? Because empirical studies say so.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Like I said. Magic. Just because you say so.

"Empirical studies say so". That seems to be the fall back argument of half the discussions on the internet.

Please explain...........? Because empirical studies say so.
This thread is full of links showing it. Read from the first post forward.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:01 PM

They say that kids forget everything over the summer but when I ask anyone if they forgot everything or got a poor education not a one will raise their hand.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
They say that kids forget everything over the summer but when I ask anyone if they forgot everything or got a poor education not a one will raise their hand.
What a scientific, empirical, and logical way to come to a conclusion.

Perhaps you would have benefited from year around schooling.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
What a scientific, empirical, and logical way to come to a conclusion.

Perhaps you would have benefited from year around schooling.
I didn't see you raise your hand.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
I didn't see you raise your hand.
All the answers you seek are in this thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia