Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM

938 posts, read 2,899,151 times

Advertisements

Video Link

Sure, they are demeaning, but at least with a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 05:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Video Link

I was laughing my butt off, but how sad is it when people would think thats the complete news to educate themselves about the world.

I've heard more than one person from other states insisting to me Obama was some kind of first cousin of saddam, but I don't know where the source of misinformation is originating. Usual suspect its FOX/murdock enterprises. I turned that dial off a long time ago.

Retired lutheran pastor buddy of mine called me up flabberghasted- "the news just said that McCain's preacher called the entire catholic church a prostitute!" I haven't tried to verify anything- just trying to keep my head above water while grotesque manipulations reign the land.

I've never taken an acid trip, but it might be similar.

All of america is being played for fools- I just wish someone could drag these weasels into the light of day.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,992,401 times
I was laughing throughout that video except for the very end. Then I got pissed and offended, and registered and left a comment! Oh I am my father's son. ha ha

Old 05-15-2008, 08:39 PM

You know, I wish kids in film school in wv would do a spoof on reporters coming here, forcing ordinary citizens to dress up like american gothic painting, encouraging them to provide the inbred look. see if the daily show and youtube would play that before november elections. maybe we can head them off at the pass.
food for thought. I love a good belly laugh.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:41 PM

You know, I'll bet film majors at my alma mater would eat this up. maybe i should drop a note at the alumni office.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 AM

385 posts, read 1,921,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I've heard more than one person from other states insisting to me Obama was some kind of first cousin of saddam, but I don't know where the source of misinformation is originating. Usual suspect its FOX/murdock enterprises. I turned that dial off a long time ago.
I know where that cr_p comes from... It comes from stupid chain e-mails that are passed around by stupid people.

The reason I know this is my mother in law is guilty of it.

Every time we see her, we get the low down on nutty conspiracy theory on some candidate or other.

... McCain has hidden form of Stockholm Syndrome and he is actually a communist N Vietnamese plant.

...Barack Obama is releated to Saddam Hussein because Senator Obama's middle name is 'Hussein.'

...Barack Obama is Muslim.

...Starbucks declined a coffee order from a US soldier because he was a US soldier.

... Target does not allow reservists to keep their health benefits while they on active duty.

Need I go on??

I've heard and seen SO much of this stuff. When in doubt: Snopes it.

(Oh yeah, that's right, you can't trust Snopes because it's run by liberals...)

Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM

7th, I do trust snopes because I feel their methodology is sound, but they don't pinpoint the origin of misinformation as you're suggesting. They debunk/parse fact from fiction by verifying.

The guilty parties generating the trash invariably get by with it, which is the point I was making. When it's ORIGINS are from a press room, it's even worse than some bratty kid with too much time on his hands. Liberal media have endorsed obama, and have no motive to sling poo at him. FOX murdock does, and have a long history of generating propaganda through innuendo.

Better source that's directly pertaining to political statements of the moment:
FactCheck.org
I find them least partisan, criticizing based on accuracy of statements and marginally on party affiliation. This means that the candidate most honest, or more likely the most silent wins. lol

Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 AM

385 posts, read 1,921,309 times
I was being facetious...

Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Yes, and I was bringing the real issues back to the table where they belong.

So.... the email went out. Lets see if we have any volunteers.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 PM

967 posts, read 2,996,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Video Link

That was hilarious! Thanks for the link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia