Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM

307 posts, read 692,333 times

Advertisements

Threerun,

A Government run health care system/program will not make health care affordable. Look at medicaid and medicare. Look at the Veterans administration and how they treat our country's heroes. I for one don't want that for my health care. We cant give everyone a new house, a new car, health care. When does it end? When!

It's none of the Governments business who has health care insurance and who doesn't. It's none of the Governments business.....

Government needs to stop trying to fix everything.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM

19,774 posts, read 22,673,762 times
It IS my business to be concerned about the spiraling costs that I ALREADY pay for others with MY tax dollars and MY increased premiums.

Sticking my head in the sand and bitching about liberals and the government boogey-man isn't going to make it any better either.

Are insurance companies going to fix it? No. Are trial lawyers going to fix it? Hell no. Is the 'invisible hand' of capitalism going to fix it? It could- but the playing field and rules currently established contend otherwise and the PROOF of that exists in the pace in which healthcare costs have outstripped wages and COL (as already mentioned).

So, Who's in the charge of the field and the rules?

Anyone?

Someone call me when partisinship leaves the room, otherwise I have little time to argue the issue.

Last edited by Threerun; 09-03-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM

Partisinship,, oh please. Spare me the drivel. I'm not speaking as a Democrat or Republican. I'm speaking my point of view. I don't want any more Government period. I don't want Government in my health care or any other portion of my life. I don't want to continue to support people who are to damn lazy to get a freaking job. Let it collapse, exactly what we should of done with the auto makers. We need to be smarter throwing money and involving the Government is not the "smartest thing to do" Ill agree something needs to change. Government! No!

government boogey-man he is everywhere, even in this forum.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Let it collapse. Hey that's a great answer. That'll solve the decades old issue. Bring the issue up to the forefront then beat it away again.

N/M. Sorry for the interruption in the thread. 'We'll now continue with our regulary scheduled anti-gov't b*tchfest'.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM

anti-gov't b*tchfest' Is my Constitutional right.

Congress voting on bill they have not even read is not good. Do you honestly think Government is the answer? Do you really? That is you're Constitutional right also.

That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.”

Long live freedom and the Constitution!

"There goes my beer" LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 12:41 PM

I'm talking about healthcare. I'm not quite sure what you are addressing BUT...

Yes- I personally want my representatives to read any and all aspects of any proposed legislation, and yes I want them to strike it down if it doesn't address the core issues.

And seeing as though there exists no other method to address the issue other than legislatively, I will, unfortunately, defer to the morons in DC to intelligently debate it. As awkward as it sounds, yes- I would hope this would be the case.

The constitutional 'right' of health care isn't a core issue, and I wish (and I know it won't happen) people wouldn't red herring it as such. It's a plain issue. So instead of the banter to strike it down and leave it alone, which doesn't solve it, how about telling those in charge to get the parties together and FIX IT.

Tea parties, tea baggers or carpet baggers.. I don't give rat's but about any of that, period. Just... work.. the...ISSUE.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:35 PM

6,080 posts, read 9,110,796 times
Give Me a break???

liberals think that a public option is just a walk in the park

When the gov can stand between u and the docter they asign you, it's all over!!!
when the gov can ration health care, because the recources are too little. And when the company you work for decides to swith to the public option, and your happy with what you have, you get cooked in the squat!!!

Why would anyone want any government in something as personal as your health. They can see your records, and then mess up your files. what will stop them from going a step further and regulating what health care you can recieve.

Last edited by Georgia; 09-05-2009 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Glad there is so much intelligence to reason with on this forum right threerun!

What a plausible argument.."when did it become my problem to pay for someone elses healthcare."

Old 09-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Once again,

BRAVO!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:45 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Give Me a break???

liberals think that a public option is just a walk in the park

When the gov can stand between u and the docter they asign you, it's all over!!!
when the gov can ration health care, because the recources are too little. And when the company you work for decides to swith to the public option, and your happy with what you have, you get cooked in the squat!!!

Why would anyone want any government in something as personal as your health. They can see your records, and then mess up your files. what will stop them from going a step further and regulating what health care you can recieve.
I'm supposed to trust private insurance companies anymore than the government? I work extensively with private and public clients in the consulting business...I can assure you they both have major issues.

Last edited by Georgia; 09-05-2009 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Topic please and less on the insults
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia