Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times

Advertisements

Has anybody dipped into his stocked larder of goods, food, emergency fuel, emergency brandy, emergency snow shovels, ect...lol ????

What are you doing for cabin fever...sex only lasts so long when a person is cooped up for several days ???

What did you do for communication...travel...???

Any help to/ from the neighbors?

And It Ain't over by a long shot...don't expect the February thaw until mif March.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 PM

29 posts, read 118,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Has anybody dipped into his stocked larder of goods, food, emergency fuel, emergency brandy, emergency snow shovels, ect...lol ????

I have a small stockpile that will not be threatened of running low of essentials (milk, bottled water) until this weekend. Picked up a few groceries this past Monday, gassed up car.

Quote:
What are you doing for cabin fever...sex only lasts so long when a person is cooped up for several days ???

Staying on top of the shoveling. I would rather shovel 6 inches of snow 4 times, vice over two feet once.

Quote:
What did you do for communication...travel...???

Posting on facebook, city-data.com , and e-mailing.
Travel? HAH!

Quote:
Any help to/ from the neighbors?

Helped shovel 4 driveways (excluding mine) this past Sunday afternoon.

We also had neighbors over last night, fed them dinner, and played games.

Quote:
And It Ain't over by a long shot...don't expect the February thaw until mif March.

No problem with me, I'm used to it. I grew up in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

On a side note, is there anyone with insight with the snow plow crew? Curious why Winchester Ave and Foxcroft roads were worse than a rutted gravel road Monday evening? There was all day Sunday and Monday to clear them.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 AM

The 'Mindset on clearing the roads was this.

Wait until the blizzard was over...save a little on straight time and then pay a lot of overtime.

Economics....and part of the bill for it all is sent to the federal government...declare a disaster area and receive a check.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,080 times
I have been shoveling and more shoveling. My wonderful neighbor offered to use his snowblower for $50, needless to say I shoveled my 2 1/2 feet myself. This last round was easier because it was only a little over a foot.

Kids have been out of school all week and my husband has been stuck on the road. I've just been on facebook complaining like everyone else, lol.

I think it will be a long time before we see grass again.....Bring on Spring!!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 AM

Anybody who would want a 50 dollar bill for 10 minutes work is not really a neighbor...he is just a person who lives close to you...good luck, jani

Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,306,840 times
Another Storms on it way!!!! Middle of next week!!!! So I hope to get out this weekend to stock the shelves & do laundry LOL Check out my Pic & Albums !!! My Van is the Blue & Gray Beast next to it is someones CAR!!!! Wish they would move so I can get to mine grrrrr I just know they going to complain when I dump the snow off my van onto them!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,167 times
Got groceries last Thursday... good thing, didn't get out again till Tuesday. Glad I remembered to pick up another can of diesel.

Got tractor stuck... had to leave it out overnight, so battery was dead next morning. Ran 250' of extension cord so could hook it up to charger.

Haven't really been plowing the snow, more scooping it up in the bucket and dumping it to the sides of the drive. For some reason we didn't cancel classes today, so this afternoon will have to go home and plow/scoop/shove the snow again.

Accuweather says the storm next Monday night won't be as bad as the last two.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:01 PM

19,782 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Bridgeport is on top of snow removal. No problems making it to the liquor store!

Made venison strogonaf over the weekend and mama made venison meatloaf last night. Hardly a dent in the stockpile.

Kids are out sleddding and I'm working. No let up for me.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,306,840 times
Quote:

...sex only lasts so long when a person is cooped up for several days ???

:

Dont tell me! In 9 months Another Baby Boom!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Great observation, Katie...

Yes, it will be so, as it has been in the past...being snowbound creates baby bumps..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: