Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 12:02 PM

8 posts, read 14,660 times

Advertisements

I recently was lucky enough to sign a teaching contract at the Isaac Young Middle School in New Rochelle, NY. Right now I live with my parents on Long Island, but will soon be looking to move closer to my job.

After doing a little research on this site, I've decided that I'm most likely going to want to live outside of the New Rochelle area. What I'd like to know are any and all suggestions in regard to where I should live. Listed below is some info to help with recommendations.

I am a 24 year old male. The most important things for me in regard to a place to live is an area in which their are people within my age group, easy access to a train station, easy access to fishing/outdoor activities and a solid night life. My max commute time is 30 minutes. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 PM

96 posts, read 407,422 times
White plains might be perfect for a balance of night life. I used to work in both new rochelle and white plains and made trips between them constantly, very fast. In terms of fishing you have saltwater fishing in rye thats surprisingly not bad, and you're a 30-40 minute drive to the croton area where there's a good reservoir for lake fishing, and if you fly fish some exceptionally good streams if you don't mind sharing them with rich old guys who's sunglasses cost more than everything you own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County