Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:49 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,963,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulo View Post
Stay out of NJ as most anyone that lives out there goes into panic mode as soon as two snowflakes rub toghether. Basically commuting to and from NJ stinks. Access to all those riverfront apartments in Edgewater or Ft Lee is via a two lane road which everyone must drive to get to the bridge or the train - sloooooowwwwwww.... both ways.......
If you are ok with apartment living, look into the Riverfront Apartment complex in Yokers - great views, 25 min Metro North ride into Grand Central, 35+ minute drive to midtown, and someone told me they are having a tough time filling those appts. due to the economy - so it is a great time to push your real estate agent around. Also, they are a 15 minute drive from the GW Bridge to NJ if you must go there.
Failing that you will not find much for 2k in lower Westchester.
I disagree. I think NJ does a MUCH better job of coping with snow than either NYC or Westchester. I've done a reverse commute and when it snowed, the best thing was that when I got to NJ, the roads were much better plowed and maintained. Westchester is also a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County