Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 PM

485 posts, read 561,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
This thread is getting a bit confusing concerning the term Linville. This may help:

Linville - Township in Avery County

Linville Falls - Township in Burke County

Linville Gorge - Wilderness area in Burke County.

Linville Mountain - Avery County

Linville River - River in Avery and Burke Counties.

Linville Creek - Davie and Watauga Counties. (both use the same name)

Oh, MY! I haveno idea where I'll end up now! That is pretty funny, actually. Thanks for the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 AM

758 posts, read 2,287,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father John View Post
Oh, MY! I haveno idea where I'll end up now! That is pretty funny, actually. Thanks for the information!
HA HA Now I KNOW you're going to need a GPS system, Father John!

Seriously, it took us just one quick trip to our provider to change out a phone (minor upgrade) and order temporary GPS service (for a minor fee). It got us everywhere we wanted to be in WNC. All we ever needed was some semblance of an address, which we made sure we had (or created)--and the blessed system also got us "home" safely and quickly at the end of every long, exciting, tiring day!!

We'd eat a lot of rice and beans for a GPS-capable cell!!

Jan & Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina