Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM

10,085 posts, read 7,761,924 times

Advertisements

Some place casual. We'll be hiking and and driving around so we won't be all dressed up.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 07:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Head to the Brown Trout in Lake Toxaway

It's off hwy 64 on the way to Cashiers if you are coming from the east.

The Brown*Trout Restaurant, Cabins & Real Estate (http://www.browntroutgrille.com/menu.html - broken link)

Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
For an interesting setting as well as trout on menu, you might consider the Orchards Restaurant in Cashiers:

Home

Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
For an interesting setting as well as trout on menu, you might consider the Orchards Restaurant in Cashiers:

Home
The Orchards looks awesome Ani, when are we going?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The Orchards looks awesome Ani, when are we going?
We need to plan a road trip, lol.

Of course, it isn't Highlands/Cashiers, but there is a heckuva nice blue ribbon trout stream, as you know . . . right near my house . . .

I got the grill . . . if you've got the time.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Lakeside in Highlands

http://www.lakesiderestaurant.info/Welcome.html

Check Winter Hours everywhere though

Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 PM

10,085 posts, read 7,761,924 times
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll keep those in mind.

Some of these places seem like you'd need to really dress up. Is there a more casual place we could just drop in for lunch that serves trout or should I bring the family to AniFani's house? Surely you won't mind if we have our hiking clothes on.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

Some of these places seem like you'd need to really dress up. Is there a more casual place we could just drop in for lunch that serves trout or should I bring the family to AniFani's house? Surely you won't mind if we have our hiking clothes on.

Ani is a very gracious hostess, I'm sure she would love to have you - even in your hiking clothes! However, she is in Blowing Rock, which is not near Cashiers

Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM

442 posts, read 1,509,460 times
Quote:

Most restaurants in the mountains will take you as you are - we have been to some of our favorite restaurants right off the trail and no one cares!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Casual dress is gonna work. I have shown up in Wellie's and jeans at many out of the way but "nice" restaurants and no one cared (i was in nice clothing - just nasty out and wanted dry feet - and they were very cute wellies! lol)

Yes, I am quite a trek from Highlands/Cashiers but if you like to fish, there are soooo many wonderful streams all over WNC that you would enjoy. But nothing would please me more to cook up a meal for a crowd, lol. In fact, been trying to figure out how to semi-retire one of these days - running a B&B!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina