Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,093 times

Advertisements

I am looking at purchasing a house in north Asheville near Beaver lake that is zoned for Buncombe County School district instead of Asheville city schools. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about having the house rezoned for the city schools or has ever tried this and had any success. I know that you can apply every year and have them transferred into city schools, but my wife is a very nervous person and worries about the uncertainty of this so we are looking for something more definite. My kids are young, so we are looking down the road and would have time to try to get it rezoned. Thanks for any relevant info at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,477 times
Buncombe County Schools are better than Asheville schools.....one mans opinion

Old 12-08-2011, 04:25 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
better schools in buncombe. expect you are talking TC Robertson high school district.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:50 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
I actually think, Asheville city schools are much better than many think. I know a couple of parents who are sending their kids there instead of north buncombe, AC or TC.

we moved to the TC roberson district by choice and are actually very happy so far (3,5 and 8th grade).

I really think, it depends on the child, which school is the best fit and the question is hard to answer.

if you have a chance to get tours and talk to the principals prior your purchase, I think that would be a smart move.

and - if I would not live in south asheville, I certainly would look into evergreen and artspace .. both are charter schools and might be a good fit, too.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
The state has mandated that they will not fund the administration for two school systems in the same county. For now the city schools are trying to find other revenue to continue to exist.

I suspect this will be tempoary and cannot be maintained and will have to merge within a few years, but in the meantime how is the austere measures effecting the classroom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina