Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 03:56 PM

4 posts, read 9,488 times

Advertisements

So glad that things have worked out for you and hope to read about your move-in and further adventures! Welcome to the Mountains from a "Duke" Girl. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM

67 posts, read 147,040 times
Default I'm here!

I got to Blowing Rock on Sunday at about noon. I'm all moved in and in love with my new cottage! Cable and internet were installed today and everything works GREAT! I'm going to LOVE it here!!!!! I already do..... Thank you everyone for your wonderful support and happiness for me. I am so grateful.
Ready to meet new friends!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
That is SO great to hear! I moved to Asheville (then Black Mountain) from Wisconsin. I risked it all in moving and I'm so very glad that I did. The people in North Carolina are down right amazing and I find it very easy to get along with them. Although I've never been to Blowing Rock, I absolutely love Western NC and the mountains and your excitement and eagerness is so great to see. Welcome to the south, carolinablue4u. I love the southern accent and get ready for the "You're not from around here, are you?" question LOL. I have a thick midwestern / northern accent so I cannot hide easily.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times
Congratulations Escapee!

I'm a California native who moved to Asheville a year ago without knowing a soul. Haven't regretted one minute of it! I hope you're as happy in your experience and decision as I am in mine. Welcome to WNC.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:42 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,759 times
~*~ congratulations!! ~*~

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM

7 posts, read 11,651 times
Cool Winter Retreat ?

Hi folks, I saw this conversation about Blowing Rock and western NC and wanted to ask if it is a safe place to have a winter getaway as I spend about 6-8 months a year in Wyoming close to my kids but my sisters live in Monroe NC and would love to spend the cold months closer to them. Being originally from New England, I love western NC so what do you think, is it safe to leave a house vacant 4-6 months a year while I'm away? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM

67 posts, read 147,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcean View Post
Hi folks, I saw this conversation about Blowing Rock and western NC and wanted to ask if it is a safe place to have a winter getaway as I spend about 6-8 months a year in Wyoming close to my kids but my sisters live in Monroe NC and would love to spend the cold months closer to them. Being originally from New England, I love western NC so what do you think, is it safe to leave a house vacant 4-6 months a year while I'm away? Thanks!
Since about 90% of the homes here in the high country are 2nd and 3rd homes and are vacant from October till spring, I'd say you are pretty safe. Those that live here year round' are very few. I consider myself one of the fortunate and blessed ones that calls this my home year round!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
You might be able to rent it in the summer or time/share with someone. Most vacation homes in Blowing Rock are summer homes that are winterized and closed up for the winter. People come up to the mts for the cooler temps in the hot, humid summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina