Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 06:26 AM

21 posts, read 50,914 times

Advertisements

I've posted on this forum before, asking about good areas to move to, but employment has made the decision for us! My husband received an offer from the Grove Park Inn, so we are scrambling now to find rentals in the area on short notice. Most apartment complexes don't have anything available until mid-September, and I'm not finding much on IWANNA or Craigslist. Can anyone recommend a management company that might have some rentals? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,580,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan1310 View Post
I've posted on this forum before, asking about good areas to move to, but employment has made the decision for us! My husband received an offer from the Grove Park Inn, so we are scrambling now to find rentals in the area on short notice. Most apartment complexes don't have anything available until mid-September, and I'm not finding much on IWANNA or Craigslist. Can anyone recommend a management company that might have some rentals? Thanks in advance!

Have you looked at the Asheville newspaper? www.citizen-times.com

Some Realtors in the Asheville area may own or know of rentals or can refer you to a good property mngmt. company. Depends on how close you have to be to the Inn time-wise. Have you checked: apartmentguide.com or rent.com

Old 07-19-2014, 06:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,513,802 times
Quote:
That's a tough one. The rental market here is sorely lacking supply. What size home are you looking for and what price range?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:28 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,229,412 times
I would contact the Chamber of Commerce

Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,206,135 times
I've seen two companies on Craigslist, Black Bear Rentals and Leslie & Associates. I don't know how good they are. Leslie & Associates seems to list the same stuff over and over. Black Bear comes up with some interesting properties from time to time.

Have you tried posting an ad yourself?

Here's an ad on Craigslist by a frustrated renter who has had a rough time of it:

Scams galore in Asheville!

Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,111,447 times
Quote:
I've been happy with Leslie and Associates

I was reluctant to go with them because they've gotten some mixed reviews online but I just couldn't beat the location for the price, so i rolled the dice.

I've found them to be very responsive so far

Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,206,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I've been happy with Leslie and Associates

I was reluctant to go with them because they've gotten some mixed reviews online but I just couldn't beat the location for the price, so i rolled the dice.

I've found them to be very responsive so far
Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure about them, sometimes reviews can be skewed. But they can also make a company sit up and take notice and clean up any problems. Did you rent an apartment or a house through them?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:22 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,580,663 times
Here are a few other property management companies in the Asheville, Hendersonville area:

IPM Property Management

Carolina Cottages (homes and rentals)

Paramount Property Management

Jackson Realtors in Avl. may also have some good rentals.

All have very good reputations. You can Google for their phone numbers, etc.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:02 PM

52 posts, read 121,075 times
There are many local real estate offices that also act as property managers. We are currently renting a home through ARC Agency and I can't say that I would recommend them. We looked at several properties through a few different property management companies and ended up renting through ARC because they happened to have a rental on the market that is just a few miles from DH's place of employment. They told us certain things were in the process of being updated in the house and while some things were updated, they had all sorts of excuses for why other things couldn't be updated like originally verbally promised. So one thing I can recommend is to always get everything in writing if it's important to you.

I also learned very quickly that calling over the phone for repair requests doesn't get anything fixed, but sending typed letters by certified mail does.

You can also search the MLS for rentals.

NCMMLS.com - North Carolina Mountains MLS

Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 AM

47 posts, read 47,437 times
We're currently renting a fairly new house in Candler, through a small company that has a couple of other rentals, and found them on Craigslist. We've been very pleased using them.

We have bought a house and will be moving, so this rental house will be available Sept 1st. It's convenient to both I40 and I26, has 3/2, 3gar, with an unfinished basement, nice ridge views out front and back, and an awesome large private deck.

Send a message to me if you want more details...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina