Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM

215 posts, read 569,105 times

Advertisements

Just playing with the idea of a move to Santa Cruz area, CA from Asheville. Been there a few times on and off over the years, but only for short visits, love the climate, ocean, redwoods, proximity to SF....

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience of both places (not just an assumption), especially regarding schools, friendliness, safety, pros and cons they found?

Love Asheville, but don't love humidity (I know it's not that bad compared to elsewhere but from where i come from it is), schools are generally over rated but may be same in Santa Cruz area.
Also, miss being near an enjoyable large city, and the ethnic communities with authentic ethnic food..Asheville does lack in this area, sorry but that's my experience. Charlotte and Atlanta are just that bit further away and not cities I'd enjoy spending weekend visits in.
And I worry about a lack of opportunity for our kids once they grow older.
We love Asheville and it's treated us very well so far, people are very nice and housing is far more affordable than Santa Cruz, but we are lucky to have businesses that we can take anywhere and one of them generates a guaranteed income, wherever we are. So, just wondering....

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina