Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 10:42 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,351,772 times

Advertisements

http://www.tryondailybulletin.com/20...ises-for-5-1m/

I'm sorry but my cut/paste function doesn't seem to be working (it stopped after the link above) or I'd add some quotes from the article. Hopefully other's does function.

But it seems that Polk County can't afford a water treatment plant there. Although it and two other entities said it was part of their long-range plans and that the 3 would be willing to work together.

Frankly, I don't know what that means. Anyway, thought I'd share it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,387,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
http://www.tryondailybulletin.com/20...ises-for-5-1m/

I'm sorry but my cut/paste function doesn't seem to be working (it stopped after the link above) or I'd add some quotes from the article. Hopefully other's does function.

But it seems that Polk County can't afford a water treatment plant there. Although it and two other entities said it was part of their long-range plans and that the 3 would be willing to work together.

Frankly, I don't know what that means. Anyway, thought I'd share it here.
I can't get the article to load. I suspect the only viable purchaser is the hydroelectric company that operates the dam, as the sale only includes the dam and the land under the lake.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:15 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,351,772 times
This is so weird. While the article does load for me, I cannot copy/paste from it. But I can everywhere else - I'm wondering if it's some sort of hyper copyright protection...odd for a small newspaper (though it is a daily, I was surprised to find).

So, if it's not loading (for anyone) googling "tryon daily bulletin", then, in their search bar (top right) put in Lake Adger. The story was published Oct 13.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,271 times
Can anyone give me an update on Lake Adger dam repair and where things stand with sediment removal. Wanting to retire from NH to a smaller, more peaceful lake with warmer winter climate (without the humidity) and Lake Adger fits the bill perfectly. But from what I've been reading it sounds like the powers to be are really dragging their feet on these critical issues. So, does anyone know what's going on? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina