Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 PM

41 posts, read 152,448 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with the new Estelle park development across from William W Estes elementary? I visited Asheville last week to scout out the area & came across this development.

I am considering relocating from to the area and this development caught my attention due to the craftsman /arts & crafts style homes and proximity to the elementary school. Also, any info on the quality of this elementary school would be greatly appreciated, as I have two young sons & good schools are important.

Thanks for any insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:05 PM

648 posts, read 2,980,930 times
My son went to Estes last year. GREAT school. Don't know anyone who live in Estelle Park, tho...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM

10 posts, read 32,834 times
Estes is a great school. I went there when I was a kid from 1990-1995. The great thing about the Roberson School District (of which Estes is a part), is that they are all so close together.

What this means, is that if you have several kids a few years apart, it is easy to get them all to school and pick them up for Doctors/dentist appointments, etc. Basically, TC Roberson High school is across the street from the elementary school, and Valley Springs middle school is behind Estes Elementary.

I have a sister 7 years older than me, and she would pick me, my brother, and my sister up from elementary school when we went there. We couldn't ride the bus because we were actually out of district for Estes, because Glen Arden Elementary was basically in my backyard. It was also easier for us to go to school there so my older sister could take us and drop us off.

Another point, is that a lot of the high school students taking "student teaching" courses will spend a class period over at Estes teaching the younger kids. All in all, its a great district, and a great elementary school. Since there are 3 (Estes, Cane Creek, Avery's Creek) elementary schools that feed into 2 middle schools (Valley Springs and Cane Creek), which feed into 2 high schools, your kids will get to meet tons of new students at each school.

The Cane Creek schools are a bridge between the Reynolds and Roberson districts. Kids that go to Cane Creek Middle school are split when they enter high school. half go to Roberson, half go to Reynolds.

As far as the Estelle park development, I think my dad's company might have been involved with it, I'll check on that. I know it used to be a trailer park before it was bought up and the trailers were moved out of there.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 PM

10 posts, read 32,834 times
Found out some more about Estelle Park. It was a five acre lot that the developer made into five 1-acre lots, which is pretty large for homes in such a centrally located area. Again, this is an AWESOME location if you have kids, no matter what age, because they can walk to all 3 schools.

It is about a 2 minute drive to the closest grocery store, about 3 minutes to exit 37 on I-26. If you shoot down Overlook Rd, where the development is located, there is plenty of commercial retail available, and the Parkway is probably a 10 minute drive from there. No units have been sold as of yet. Also, Biltmore Park is right down the road, which has tons of kids, in a wide age range. There is also a YMCA in Biltmore Park, and a business park. You get all the benefits of Biltmore Park without actually having to live there where the house 4 houses down has the same floor plan as yours, no trees, etc. Look seriously at Estelle Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina