Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:09 PM

513 posts, read 1,223,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoLvr View Post
I noticed that price wasn't the only thing cut, .... the property lost a bedroom and a full bath somewhere along the way too
Could there be a problem?

"Financing Available: Not Available. Cash Purchase Only"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:55 PM

33 posts, read 89,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
Could there be a problem?

"Financing Available: Not Available. Cash Purchase Only"
Admittedly I only checked out a few listings; but that seemed to be posted on all of them so might just be standard now.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Admittedly I only checked out a few listings; but that seemed to be posted on all of them so might just be standard now.
I looked over the FAQ's. It has to do with whether properties meet lender guidelines such as FHA standards is my interpretation:

REDC FAQs - Foreclosed Home, House, Properties, Real Estate, Repo Condo, Repossession & Auction

This one says financing available:

HICKORY Foreclosures - 3814 8TH ST PL NW HICKORY, NC 28601 - Auction.com

As does this one:

INDIAN TRAIL Foreclosures - 1603 TARRINGTON WAY INDIAN TRAIL, NC 28079 - Auction.com

Old 09-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
The owner of the REDC talks about the condition of cash only properties and the overall auction process in this audiocast:

http://www.tngacademy.com/Media/64-T...%204-19-08.mp3

Old 09-27-2009, 01:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
I have watched this house since the first trees were cut down almost 5 years ago. Huge house on a tiny tiny and stupid steep lot. Nothing but a greedy spec house waiting on some fool to pony up some ridiculous money. Construction started over 4 years ago, finished for 3 years, and has never been lived in.
Highest asking price $924,999.00 today it is still empty at $499,000.00
Beverly-Hanks & Associates REALTORS®

Old 09-27-2009, 04:27 PM

24 posts, read 63,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I have watched this house since the first trees were cut down almost 5 years ago. Huge house on a tiny tiny and stupid steep lot. Nothing but a greedy spec house waiting on some fool to pony up some ridiculous money. Construction started over 4 years ago, finished for 3 years, and has never been lived in.
Highest asking price $924,999.00 today it is still empty at $499,000.00
Beverly-Hanks & Associates REALTORS®
Beautiful house - built in 2007... the beginning asking price was almost $1m? Holy cow! It looks like a really nice house, not sure it mentioned the sq footage in the details, but almost a million $ seems very high to me - even in 2007. Now it's listed as a "short sale" for $499k.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2009 View Post
Beautiful house - built in 2007... the beginning asking price was almost $1m? Holy cow! It looks like a really nice house, not sure it mentioned the sq footage in the details, but almost a million $ seems very high to me - even in 2007. Now it's listed as a "short sale" for $499k.
According to the tax records: 2009 Total Property Value: $920,800

Tax assessment of $920,800, asking price in short-sale of $499,000.

Sheds a little light on that debate, doesn't it?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM

24 posts, read 63,689 times
^^^ Holy cow. So it's actually been valued at $920k??? Wow - if I only had $499,000...

Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2009 View Post
Granted, nice house but to appreciate the greed you need to see it in person to see how it is stuck on a tiny tiny lot that is billy goat steep. You just can't visualize it from the pictures, but that driveway is ridiculously steep. If it is raining, a front wheel drive car cannot pull up the driveway, it will just spin it's tires, and likewise a rear wheel drive cannot backup the drive.
From the street the house is about 15 - 18 feet from the edge of the pavement, yet your are looking down into the top story, which would be the second or third based on your reference.

Several large trees on the lot are dead due to damage and compaction done by construction. One dead oak can be touched while standing on the upper deck. The buyer would need to spend at least $5,000 - 6,000 having someone that know what they are doing remove the 3 or so dead trees.

The driveway to this house crosses directly in front of another house, while the driveway to the other house stuck directly beside this one is within a few feet of the posts for the deck.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
New listings coming in at a rate of three times the number of sold listings equals continued falling prices due to oversupply.

Monthly Statistics Report (http://www.abr-nc.com/resources/housing-statistics - broken link)

The 8k tax credit is about to expire. If they don't renew it or make it bigger, expect a bad winter and beyond for housing.

Or you could believe prices will rise forever because everyone is dying to move here despite the fact that wages are low and jobs are hard to get...
Any theories, conspiracy or otherwise, as to why the statistics page on the Realtor's site no longer works?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina