Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 11:26 AM

930 posts, read 2,161,834 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Asheville are next month because of a job transfer. I am looking at rental homes, as we will probably only be there for two years. Can anyone tell me the good schools in Buncombe County? Or maybe the bad ones to steer clear of? I see TC Roberson schools, I think, are they good? What exactly are they? What areas do these encompass? Next school year, I will have a second grader and a sixth grader. Any help is appreciated. I am somewhat familiar with Asheville and surrounding areas , I am not sure where Haywood county begins, though.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM

242 posts, read 1,018,552 times
TC Roberson is South Asheville and Arden. Considered to be the best in the area along with the AC Reynolds school district. Avery's Creek Elementary is where your 2nd grader would go in the Arden area and seems to do a fine job. (There most likely are other elementary schools for S. Asheville but I am speaking based on what I know from doing research before we moved and chose this area). Valley Springs Middle School serves S. Asheville/Arden as well and would likely be where your 6th grader attends. Again, we selected to live in this part of Asheville/Arden because of these schools. Would have also been comfortable in the Reynolds district which is East Asheville.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM

I should also let you know that I do not have first hand experience with any as of yet. My son will be 4 at the end of August. The above is just based on my research before we settled on an area (we did not want to move again and are in the area for the long haul). I will say that our neighbors are quite satisfied with the schools.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. That's all that I needed to hear. In that area, are there many real "neighborhoods"? We live just out of Charlotte, now, so it was easy to find here, but we used to live in Rutherfordton County and it was next to impossible to find a neighborhood, I guess I mean subdivision. .

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. That's all that I needed to hear. In that area, are there many real "neighborhoods"? We live just out of Charlotte, now, so it was easy to find here, but we used to live in Rutherfordton County and it was next to impossible to find a neighborhood, I guess I mean subdivision. .
Yes, lots of subdivisions down this way. Not sure how many rentals would be available but there must be some. Ledbetter Farms is a very big subdivision that may have some rentals for you. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Thank you for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina