Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM

266 posts, read 831,956 times

Advertisements

sorta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 05:06 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
I here that about a lot of cities. What do you like to do that you can't find in Wichita? The only thing I find lacking is outdoor activites. That really isn't Wichita's fault, it's more of Kansas' fault.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:25 PM

266 posts, read 831,956 times
Natural outdoor locations like oceans or mountains would be nice, but as you said not having those is more of a Kansas thing. And, it's not like I couldn't take a vacation outside the state.

Personally, I think there's a lot to do in Wichita. (As I attempt to demonstrate from time to time. Although I don't include Arena events or Cotillion events, etc. - they do exist!) There's much more to do than people give the City credit for.

I think if people would do a little planning, put a couple of events on their calendars for a season, be somewhat enthusiastic, AND just go and enjoy and get their minds off their worries for a few hours, Wichitans would be happier and the city would benefit socially and culturally.

Seriously, I think people are missing out.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
The only knock I have against Wichita is that the union mentality of many of the larger airlines companies seems to affect many people's attitudes. I like Wichita but some people really lack pride. I wish the Rocky Mountains were closer, or Wichita were in the flint hills. Sometimes I wish it got more rain and had more trees. But I'd much rather live here than say, Amarillo, Tx. I don't always respond but I do appreciate your posts about what's going on in town.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 AM

44 posts, read 98,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
The only knock I have against Wichita is that the union mentality of many of the larger airlines companies seems to affect many people's attitudes. I like Wichita but some people really lack pride. I wish the Rocky Mountains were closer, or Wichita were in the flint hills. Sometimes I wish it got more rain and had more trees. But I'd much rather live here than say, Amarillo, Tx. I don't always respond but I do appreciate your posts about what's going on in town.
You pretty much hit it in the head right there. There are things to do in Wichita, but the problem is the people do not take pride in what they have, don't promote it, and people in general outside of the city think it is boring and there is nothing there. I remember taking a business class at WSU years ago and we had a speaker from Austin, TX. He really liked Wichita, but was amazed at the great lack of pride and promotion of the city from its citizens. He said that is just completely unheard of in Austin and believed that if that changed, Wichita could be an even greater place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita