Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,712 times

Advertisements

Is it only me or does anyone else LOVE the Thunderstorms that you see in WI? when we lived there I loved the way a T-Storm would roll in, ravage the sky with lightning and an Immense downpour would come and then be gone quickly. It would usually flood the street that i lived on. But i would stand at the front door (behind the storm door) and just watch with amazement. you just don't see storms like that in CA. let me know your thoughts!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Shannon,
I have to admit the power of Mother Nature is something indescribable. I do love to watch some huge thunderheads roll in and take over the skies with there violent acts.lol I like thunderstorms but Tornado warnings scare that crap outa me sometimes, Whew. I have to say I wish we had a nice storm roll through right about now since our grass is dead.

Cool thread!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,712 times
Thanks josh,
I totally know what you mean about dead grass. and the tornado warnings!!! when we first moved to Manitowoc everyone said to make sure to head to your basement when you hear the tornado sirens go off. well, my husband and i sleep with a loud fan on and slept through at least 3 of those sirens while we were there. everyone says we were lucky nothing happened but i will admit i am one of those idiots who would stand at the front door looking for action when the sirens are going off while the rest of my family heads to the basement. one day you'll read a story of a woman getting sucked out her front door because of watching a tornado and that will most likely be me J/K.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:24 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
It's ok to be curious about the weather Shannon. Ya just have to be able to draw the line between safe and cool.

There has to be some other CD users on here that crave some thunderstorms?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:39 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,306 times
There is nothing like sitting on the front porch and watching a good storm. Especially when it has been hot and humid. I've even been known to step out into the rain when it's been like that, not in the lightning though LOL! I love the big light shows and thunder booms too, as long as they aren't hitting too close to my house.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
We just had a good t-storm rumble through here and alot of lightning and big shake your house boomers and about 2 1/2 inches of rain in under 1/2 hour. My grass is probably to far gone to come back as on sand and last cut was mostly weeds.
I am actually a National weather service trained storm spotter,so like seeing the storms.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:09 PM

605 posts, read 2,989,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
everyone says we were lucky nothing happened but i will admit i am one of those idiots who would stand at the front door looking for action when the sirens are going off while the rest of my family heads to the basement.
I'll be right there with you. I will admit hat I rarely heed those sirens. I'm in Hudson and they sound them much to often, IMO. If there is a severe thunderstorm anywhere in St. Croix county they go off, even if Hudson isn't directly affected.

I love watching the weather.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,932 times
Speaking of Wisconsin storms.

Right now it is about 6:00 p.m.
The Favre charter jet is about halfway from Hattiesburg to Green Bay.

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N531RQ

The weather could be a problem, there are tremendous storms sweeping through Green Bay right now.

Current Milwaukee Nexrad Radar Map : Weather Underground

Does someone have a better weather site?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:53 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
Will direct message you the free one I use has weather alerts and all.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I love sitting on my screened porch watching a thunder storm. I love weather which is part of the reason I love Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin